• SI Staff

The following would be very useful:

Club

Division you're in

Wage allowed

Transfer Budget

Board Confidence Message

Year sugar daddy unlocked in

PS - If you go into preferences and toggle sugar daddy then that will reactivate it and 'replenish' your clubs cash somewhat and might assist you in breaking budgets?

Hi Marc,

Hero, thanks for coming back so quickly:

Club : AFC Wimbeldon

Division you're in : JUST promoted out of Bluesquare Premier (now in second season)

Wage allowed: £1.5k pcw

Transfer Budget: £4.5m

Board Confidence Message: Still overbudget

Year sugar daddy unlocked in: On previous game with Yeovil. NB this game was started before Sugar Daddy was unlocked with Yeovil...

Thanks a million,

Jamie

• SI Staff

I'll take a look at this later today - do bear in mind though that sugar daddy doesn't mean you'll be able to offer HUGE amounts of money to players at any level - just that you'll have spending power beyond the 'norm' for that level.

(ie. you don't just get 140k to offer in wages regardless of the level, obviously though I'll check that things are definitely 'sane' in that department though just to be on the safe side although its not something which I've changed* tbh)

*Apart from loosening things up a little in a couple of countries (not England).

Hi mark a still don't think much of the wage budget played another season since the update and as much as I ask the board and reactivate sugar daddy for a better wage budget it just doesn't seem to happen. 20 seasons with Ajax and 10 CL wins and over a hundred million to spend every season, but a still can't offer more then 70k a week and attract the big names to keep the titles coming. Even the players I have got some of them won't accept new contracts cause I can't offer them the money they want. This is all well and good but in real life no club doing this well would receive so little wage budget. When adjusting the budgets on the game from transfer to wage it should take into account the individual wage budget to.

• SI Staff
When adjusting the budgets on the game from transfer to wage it should take into account the individual wage budget to.

Ok will look into whether this is possible for a future version of the game (FMH2011 now).

Although tbh if you've 10 CL wins to your credit in your boards defense it looks like you're doing fine without having the additional wages available ...

Hi mark it is good that I have been able to win so much, but most of the players I have bought I always find I'm having to offer big club clauses. So after I have a couple of winning seasons a big spending club always comes in with a big offer and nicks them, failing that if I'm winning everything they always want bigger contracts so I can never offer them that so they then want to leave, and if it's not that they are asking then it's they want to move to a bigger club. I love the game regardless and own every fm game, but I just think when you manage a mid sized team like Ajax and then win lots of titles all funds would go up in real life with the amount prize money generated and then a billionaire owner when you unlock sugar daddy.

• SI Staff
but I just think when you manage a mid sized team like Ajax and then win lots of titles all funds would go up in real life with the amount prize money generated and then a billionaire owner when you unlock sugar daddy.

I kinda agree and I'll make sure its the case that if you're playing at the top level in FMHi 2011 and have a sugar daddy then it relaxes the wage budget more REGARDLESS of the financial setup of the nation you're active within - sound fair?

• SI Staff
Yeah mark that sounds great, just can't wait now until FMH/FMHi. Will it also be the case the psp as well?

Yes, the games share a LOT of the same codebase so any fixes which have gone into FMHi should also come into the PSP game ...

• SI Staff
How many seasons to unlock sugar daddy and why having to unlock it? surely it should be switchable like fog of war etc.

Its a personal design quirk of mine - I've always liked having rare things appear or new features which unlock after play, imho this sort of thing ensures that the games challenge and appeal last over a long period.

I'd compare such things to FPS's and other games where after you complete them you say have to play the levels through backwards or in mirror image or something else which changes the gameplay somewhat ... most of the unlockables which you can turn on/off alter gameplay in someway making things a little more interesting/novel potentially.

(I also feel the need to mention that ALL unlockables are designed to be 'realistic' as in they are things which could happen in the real-world)

I read somewhere sugar daddy is supposed to be available if you've kept the board happy for two seasons.

Celtic FC board wants the title, nothing else matters to them really. 3rd season starting, won the league twice, 3 out of 4 domestic cups, champs league last 16 first season, QF season 2 and through signing bosmans and selling them on have developed a bank balance of £15m (start season 1 £2.7m).

Would that not be enough to unlock sugar daddy status?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm Celtic in Season 3, won the last two Champions League Titles as well as SPL, Scot Cup, League Cup, everything basically.

I've also run quite a tight ship financially, never going over my total wage budget. I have £51M in the bank and my wage budget is well above the current wage total. Why can I only offer £25,000 per week to players. This is really frustrating, I'm losing some great players I've developed.

(Surely the maximum wage available should be something to do with the spare money you've got (i.e. Wage Budget minus current wage total)

Club Celtic

Division you're in SPL

Wage allowed £25,000 £733,00 (current Wage Total £465,000)

Transfer Budget £51,000,000

Board Confidence Message The Board are Satisfied with your management of the team. This is in no small part down to your extremely tight control of wage expendature

Year sugar daddy unlocked in 3 (Just starting season 4)

Version 1.5

• 3 weeks later...

Have very similar issues to you Gerry. I have Dumbarton in season 10 (2020 now) and have won the last 3 SPL and Scottish Cups, Euro Cup then Euro Champs last season and still stuck on 25k a week wage limit is right PITA! About to lose my two best players I think... :(

Club Dumbarton

Division you're in SPL

Wage allowed £25,000 £484k (current Wage Total £440k)

Transfer Budget £13,250,000

Board Confidence Message The Board are pleased with your management of the team. This has been underlined by the delight of the fans at the current form of the team.

Year sugar daddy unlocked in - it's enabled but tbh I've no idea if I've unlocked it or not...?

I think that if a club has won the champions league a few times, then regardless of wether they have a sugar daddy or not, they would be pretty rich and be able to offer better wages. Maybe the individual maximum wage should just be the maximum wage/10 or some other number, then rounded up to the nearest 1k or something like that :)

I accept though that its probably way more complicated than that and theres a million things im not taking into condsideration :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived