After 9 years i have finally got promoted

Congratulation. Sometimes I think the most unrealistic thing about playing FM is the mentality of us players, who want to climb the ladder as quickly as possible. IRL, every club knows its place, and every manager knows it, you don't manage Sporting Bengal and keep aiming that in 12 years time you'll play in Nou Camp, you'll be in mental hospital in 12 months for that. Of course I have such mentality too:p

Well.. In real life, most managers don't last 12 years. This job uncertainty affects their decision making process. We play fm and are able to buy cheap youth to groom them up. Most rl managers lack this luxury of time to do so.

Well.. In real life, most managers don't last 12 years. This job uncertainty affects their decision making process. We play fm and are able to buy cheap youth to groom them up. Most rl managers lack this luxury of time to do so.

Yes, I agree with that, too. A Dario Gradi will remain a rare case both IRL and in FM life.

• 2 weeks later...
I would never, ever have lasted that long. I'd have given up after half the time you spent :p
I defo would have given up after 3 seasons of trying lol

But he is playing the game properly I assume, as in realistically. Buying players according to scout reports, not using player search, only buying players that'd realistically play for them, etc...

If he isn't and took that long, then that is pathetic. :D

But he is playing the game properly I assume, as in realistically. Buying players according to scout reports, not using player search, only buying players that'd realistically play for them, etc...

If he isn't and took that long, then that is pathetic. :D

I played my Workington team the LLM without player search as well and only depending on scout reports. Well... It really isn't that hard if you get the maximum number of allowed long term loan signings from premier league teams. The players you can loan are usually of such high quality they can pretty much carry your team easily through the whole season.

Yeah but where's the challenge in that?

I turned FC United into treble winners by 2020 without using a single loan, playing to basic LLM guidelines (player search, etc) and that was too easy because I scouted where the game let me, which is a bit too liberal to be realistic. Now I'm playing even more realistically with my local team - Enfield Town (though obviously I broke the rule on no editing - I activated the regional leagues) and it is proving more of a challenge. Now I'm only signing scout-found players that are in the same leagues (as regional league teams are pretty close to each other) or have played in the local regional leagues until they were released.

Well done, great show of perseverance! I'm sure the fact its been so difficult makes it feel all the sweeter!

why are there only 3 teams relegated from league one on that picture?

The bottom team(s) have just been left off the screenies - in both 21st-24th gets relegated, making 4!

Archived