A team built from their youth players?

I'm working on it in my Everton save, I'm in 2017 and I have 7 players out of the 11 that are in my lineup who grew up in the youth academy

Nice, I have only asked this question because I want to do this. I have only just learnt how to develop youth players right so I have only got one from my youth so far.

Yes I have done this with Frankfurt, won multiple league titles and cups. Got to the finals twice and the semis once of the ECL but didn't manage to actually win it. Got bored with the save in the end and started another but I'm pretty sure I would have won the champs league if I had carried out for another season or two.

Not quite. I signed a couple of members in my team but the majority are from the youth academy.

My GK, MC, AMC and SC are the only guys left who didn't come through and the youngest of them is the 34y/o striker. The AMC is the only one who won't be replaced by an academy kid, have a very tasty young Brazilian to do that job!

In FM09 I did dafuge's challenge and ended u with Merthyr in the British Blue square south. For some reason, even though the youth facilities were just average, I was handed a bunch of talented players. After 4 years and by then in the 1st division 9 of my starting 11 came from my own youth. Was wonderful!

I can imagine it might be more tough to achieve in top divisions, just as it is in real life

Archived