Will I get offered a new contract?

I am Chelsea manager - it is 2018. I am a club legend. Last season I was offered a 4-year contract at something like £126,000 a week.

I negotiated and asked for £130,000 ( I hate odd numbers with wages) for 1 year because I wanted to see if I was offered any jobs from other clubs since they would have to pay less compensation.

They came back and offered £130,000 for one year. Now for some reason (I have no idea why) I decided against this and asked for the original 4 years.

They came back with a non-negotiable 1 year deal so I had to accept.

It is now March and I am coming to the end of the contract - there are lots of runours that they are worried I will leave. I won't - I'm more worried they don't renew my contract. Anyway - I got itchy feet and asked for a new one and they agreed I deserved one. However, 2 months later and no offer. I'm top of the league and should win it - still in the Champions League and FA Cup.

So, will they offer me a new deal? And if so, when!

i had the same situation with Southampton a few seasons back, what i done was go to the board room and request a new contract, they will then probably say that they will get back to you, then close to the end of the season they will offer you a new deal.

hope that helps.

I did the same as signing a years contract so at the end of the season, i could leave without losing my legend status at the club. Had all the rumours that i was going to leave during the season, and with about 3 games left, they offered me a new contract whcih i took. One more season before going to italy....maybe :p

Archived