Player Fines

I often fine players when getting sent off when their dismissal affects the result of the game. I recently fined a player one weeks wages for being sent off in the 25th minute for two bookings in a Champions League quarter final when it was 0-0. I ended up doing okay, losing 2-1 away from home, but felt I may have done better with eleven men on the field and hence fined the player one weeks wages.

Then my whole squad declared themselves unhappy at the treatment of their colleague! Is this beacuse the bookings may have been soft and undeserved?! If so, how can i tell when to fine and when not to?

Besides, it isn't as if i have never fined before for sending offs, and i try to be consistent. How can i retain discipline without making my squad unhappy? My squad discipline is only rated 5 in my profile. Is it low beacuse i fine players/treat them unfairly or are they unhappy because i fine them and my rating is low.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I only fine a player for missing training, for getting sent off for violent behaviour or if a player has put in a really poor performance like having a rating of 3. And I fine them 2 weeks wages for all this.

For player ratings of between 4 and 5 I may warn them and I warn players that get sent off for a professional foul or for 2 yellows.

My squad discipline stat is 18 in my current game.

It's one way of letting out some steam when we play crap. One time we play like nannies and lost 3-0 or whatever it was. All played bad, but only one played bad enough so I could fine him for poor performance. I took two week's wage off his back. 21 players were unhappy!

I didn't give a toss tbh. They tend to come along given enough time anyway. And I fined more players along the way either way. Squad discipline in my profile has taken a serious hit, but who cares about that? I want to pretend I am a manager, so if they play like one-legged donkies they're not getting paid. End of story.

I want to pretend I am a manager, so if they play like one-legged donkies they're not getting paid. End of story.
I always fine the fat bastards if they play bad. Regularly.

Nice to see people playing the game with passion. :p:D

I warn the first time, fine 1 weeks wages the second and two the third. I do this for missing training and for getting sent off if the sending off was deserved. Never had any problems doing it that way.

I warn the first time, fine 1 weeks wages the second and two the third. I do this for missing training and for getting sent off if the sending off was deserved. Never had any problems doing it that way.

I do the same and I rarely have any problems at all.

Archived