Slow poachers...

Well not slow (12 for pace & acceleration), just not especially quick.

How do you get the best out of them? Talking about the likes of Inzaghi & Linekar who lurk about the box with excellent movement and deadly finishing.

I have a player in this mould (20 for Finishing, 17 Composure & OTB) in the Championship, but I just can't get him to score. I'm training him to 'place shots' which should improve his accuracy further, but what's the best system to supply him? I have very creative players behind him. And both a big target man and a skilled technical player as a choice of partner.

At the moment I have him set in the 'Poacher' preset, but with wide-play restricted to 'Normal'. Should i knock his mentality to maximum? What about forward runs?

personally id never play a poacher of this ilk with any team other then a creative. short passing team ( wingers will be wasted imo) and partnered with a speedy creative striker, a defoe or an owen type.... a big target man wont help much

so... poacher is good.. wide play normal or short is good... forward runs = less and consider making him a targetman to feet or a playmaker to get him the ball as much as possible

I normally only play poachers when I have a complete forward alongside them and I am one of the best teams in the league. I like my players to offer more than one thing and you don't get much else from them other than goals.

personally id never play a poacher of this ilk with any team other then a creative. short passing team ( wingers will be wasted imo) and partnered with a speedy creative striker, a defoe or an owen type....

So you'd play two poachers next to each other, one fast, one slow?

Mentality should definitely be at maximum IMO.

I'd see if this player was a decent passer etc., and if so, I'd use him as a deep lying forward.

Archived