Most Profitable Team In FM2010?

I have just started a Feynoord game and have found that I'm losing a lot of money despite being well below my recommended wage bill. I realize that they have some loans to pay off but I'm losing more than what they ammount to.

So I was wondering what are the most profitable clubs in FM? I'm looking for teams in which the finances take care of themselves.

I remember in a previous FM (not sure if still the same) that Melbourne Victory would rake in huge ammounts of money due the A-League salary cap and having twice the average attendance of the other teams.

If you can find some bargins you can sell them for big money.

I'm after clubs who's finances simply take care of themselves without the need to gain funds through selling players.

I got my betis team to make a monthly profit, though it was usually around 100k. I was £500k below my wage bill. selling out the 62500 stadium. £40m from tv revenue. and a worldwide reputation with 3 feeder clubs. So I can't imagine you'll get there very quickly! Took me about 8 seasons :/

A team without loans, sell out week in week out, and don't have a massive wage expenditure. I was going to suggest Real Madrid with their sponsorship deal but Ronaldo being on stupid amounts a week would certainly hurt their monthly coffers.

You do know losing money every month is the way things normally go, right?

It's the prize money, transfers & TV revenue that lets a team make a profit, at the end of the season.

Yes, but as the Melbourne Victory example I gave, some teams in FM are completely self-sustainable. Whether that is intended or not isn't the question.

AC Milan makes a monthly profit well into the millions

I thought they had some financial difficulties last season hence why they sold Kaka. As I remember Kaka saying he didn't want to leave Milan as he loved them and the fans and he only left to help out Milan's finances.

its not hard to make a profit over the course of a season in the english premier league if you dont have any debts. lets say you took over aston villa and made them a team who finish 4th every season. you would get money for champions league, premier league, tv money, season tickets, etc. stick within your limits and it cant be too difficult to make cash on the long run

To be honest this just depends on how well you manage the club, what signings you make, how many players you sell.

So as long you manger it correctly and improve every season your club will start making profits.

I'm making a profit with Ajax every month, just gotta keep wage budget low, make a few commercial links (I have 2, 1 with Kansas City Wizards and 1 with Grampus of Japan), also have a loan link with Real Sociedad, make around £40-50m merchandising a season which helps tons.

Big money is obviously winning the Champions League as it's a major boost in prize & TV money.

I did get a new 64k seater stadium which helps in gate receipts.

Sunderland...

I don't remember if I was making any money or losing every month, but finishing in the top 4-6 the first three years earned me expansion of my stadium every season without ever asking for it! Came as an surprise after every season and now I have the second largest staduim after Man U, so I'm guessing I couldn't loose to much every month ;)

Bought the bargains in the first season (Otamendi, Annan, Riquelme, Veratti and others) and now with my big stadium can look for the big stars!!

yeah as everyone else is saying, basically you just can't have any loans and finish near top or top in league and go far in champions league and its pretty easy to make a profit unless you're ******** and waste a bunch of money every year on transfers in.

I thought they had some financial difficulties last season hence why they sold Kaka. As I remember Kaka saying he didn't want to leave Milan as he loved them and the fans and he only left to help out Milan's finances.

Even if that's true, it isn't replicated in the game. You get 100 million to spend each season and make a monthly profit and that's even with the debt built into the game.

I'm not sure about the start of the game, but I took them over a third into the 2017 season and they had 120m+ in teh bank (pounds...no pound sign on my fricking Australian computer!) and they were making a monthly profit...all without Champions League football. It's 2 and a bit seasons later and I'm still making a monthly profit...

Archived