Staff question.

Is there a main attribute someone who is staff can have, that when I scout a player, they will report back to me the exact price of the player that when I offer the price, the team will accept? Doesn't seem to make sense? But basically, I want to buy Naldo, my scout, Caigo or whatever his name is, says he will be available for 15m, but they seem to want 23m?! :(

Thanks.

PS - COME ON ENGLAND! :D :D

I've found that in some cases the 'a bid of at least £x' can be far below, or far above what the team will actually accept. There are also other things that come into the equation though, your relationship with the selling club's manager being just one of them.

In RL, the only way to know how much they would accept would be to put in an enquiry, but even then, negotiations would have to take place. The same is true in FM - I don't think there is an absolute 'sale value' because there are other things to take into account, relationship, additional fees conditions etc, player's current happiness etc.

Just negotiate! If you're not willing to pay their asking price, then look elsewhere - would you back down to a team not offering what you thought was the right price for one of your players? Of course not, so why should the AI?

I tend to put in a bid lower than what my scout says even though 99% of the time it wont be accepted. The reason is that the team will come back and negotiate to a high price but then I can start to negotiate myself. It doesn't always work but by the time I've got to the the price my scouts suggest, the other team usually accepts.

Archived