Spanish Cups

Good morning all,

I have a question regarding the Spanish Cups.

I'm currently playing in the third tier in Spain with Sestao River Club and was wondering what the entry criteria was for the Spanish Cup and the Federation Cup are, as I'm in my third season and haven't played in either.

Many thanks.

AFAIK, Spanish Cups basically only involves team from the two top divisions plus several clubs from the third tier. Federation Cups takes the team that failed to progress to the second round of the Spanish Cup plus several other teams from the third tier.

Sorry if I'm wrong. Anyway, I really don't like this limitation when playing a save in Spain, so currently I'm making an alternate reality Spanish league system where Spanish Cups allocate as many teams as English FA Cups, and Federation Cups act more like FA Trophy.

Unlike the English FA Cup, entry is limited. Only teams from the Primera Division, Segunda A, about twenty-three teams from the Segunda B and the Tercera Division champions (or runners-up if the champion is a reserve team) are invited to enter.

Direct from wiki.

IRL these are the criteria :

All First and Second Tier teams (Excluding B Teams)

24 teams of Segunda División B 2008–09. Teams that qualified are the top five teams of each of the 4 groups (excluding reserve teams) and the four with the highest number of points out of the remaining non-reserve teams

18 teams of Tercera División 2008–09. Teams that qualified are the champions of each of the 18 groups (or at least the ones with the highest number of points within their group since reserve teams are excluded)

Don't know if this is implemented that way in-game...

Archived