How do I Schedule Friendlies?

This is my first experience with the Football Manager series, and I'm loving it! :thup:

However, after taking control of the U.S. Squad and qualifying for the 2010 World Cup, I have found myself in January 2010 with only one Friendly scheduled before the beginning of the Tournament. So my question is, how do I schedule some Friendly matches? I have tried using the In-Game Help, but the only available date I can find is after the Tournament (so I presume I'm doing something wrong).

If I cannot schedule some games before the WC begins, will my team play poorly when the Tournament rolls around (since they have not played in over six months)?

I would appreciate detailed steps to take to schedule some Friendlies if you wouldn't mind.

Thanks in advance!

For club teams you can arrange friendlies for almost any day when you dont have a match, unfortunately for international teams there are only certain sets of dates where you can arrange matches, if you can see an available date the chances are you are doing it right there just isnt any before the tournament starts.

As long as your players play reguarly for their clubs they will be sharp and match fit going into the tournament, obviously it doesnt help you very much in terms of working out your tactics etc.

I dont really know how coherency works between players in international teams but id guess the more friendlies the players play together the better the understanding between them will be.

Unfortunately I dont think there is a lot you can do unless someone knows differently...

WSR,

The reason the national teams can only play at certain dates is because those dates are picked out in advanced because of club responsibilities. Your national players play for their club through-out the year and can only leave for international games on dates the whole world basically agree on.

Archived