Help me Rekindle my love for FM10!!!!

I have totally fallen out of love with FM10 and I don't know why!

I only ever play as my local club Blyth Spartans in the Blue Square North, for all those who have a lack of knowledge or respect for small clubs like Blyth, Last season they reached the F.A Cup 3rd and played Blackburn Rovers and reached the 5th Round of the F.A Cup in 1978 when they were cheated out. Anyways I'm getting sidetracked, there are a few

things that really annoy me on FM10 and stop me

progressing to a long save.

Finances really get my goat, as blyth allways run at a small profit or breakeven. Last seasons cup run

brought over 450k to the clubs bank yet only 250k is on the game. Yet by the end of season one I tend to be down to 50-100k!!!

Also small things like Players have the wrong prefered positions and a striker who this season IRL scored 28 in the leage and won the BSN golden boot, he can't score 5 on FM10! Also things like no chairman on the game so I get some random guy like tony smith.

However when I tweak things I allways feel that I'm cheating and no longer have the desire to pursue my saved game.

Bravo for sticking with Spartans, had a good game with them but it corrupted. Try Super Bladesman's Level 10 data update, you can play down to the Northern Premier Division One (1 league below Whitley Bay).

I never play as my favourite team, Arsenal, because every moment of frustration is amplified because of who I'm managing. Try a different league and a different club, and bring in lots of your own signings. I find that I really get into saves when the squad is entirely my own.

I agree with arsenalboy. I never play as Chester (though I might with a Super Bladesman-esque set of lower leagues in FM11) as I find it too despressing. I always look for different countries to play in, new challenges. I had a really good game in the Finnish First Divison, but interestingly never got on with either Sweden or Norway. You should only take on a Brazilian league game if you are mental, but there are plenty of other leagues/divisons you can have a go at. There used to be an app called 'Frank' that got you a random team and league, and that had the potential to make an interesting challenge.You never know it might just spark your interest.

Oh, and by the way, you are not being disloyal to Blyth if you take on, for example, Dienze in the Belgian Third Divison. Give it a go, you may find you like it.

I am in same way has you pal at moment ... It bores me to see same signings going to same teams no matter what team you are, Its a quality game and I would never slag it has I know I'll carry on buying every version lol ... It only takes one good save tho for you to fall back inlove with it

oh and By the way .... Come on Slovenia lol ..... Sorry im scottish so I had to

Lads you don't understand, i only ever play as Blyth, nothing will change that :)

I want to know how rekindle my love for FM10 playing as blyth. Maybe a new skin and badges might help? any recommendations?

IMO if your only playing with one team you'll be constantly disapointed. What happens if you get sacked? You start a new save? But try this.... Vaction/Holiday for 20 years and then take over your spartans....

You could do something like create a 60 y/o manager (Bob Smith) and preset a retirement date at 70. Then when he hits 70 in your game you retire him and create his son (John Smith). Keep it in the family.

Use FMRTE and edit yourself in as the owner of the club. Maybe make your self a sugar daddy. Change your kits and stadium names. And then make a "Man City" like run and try and quickly run up the leagues and dominate in the EPL...

Just some ideas buddy.

It seems odd that you're struggling to get into a game with Blyth but won't attempt to play with any other team. How about holidaying into the future, then picking them to manage? The idea is that you wont know any of the players, so data issues wont effect you, the chairman might have changed and also you'll have no idea what sort of state they'll be in.

Lads you don't understand, i only ever play as Blyth, nothing will change that :)

I want to know how rekindle my love for FM10 playing as blyth. Maybe a new skin and badges might help? any recommendations?

As long as that is a prerequisite I'm actually surprised it took that long for you to become bored at last.

Afraid nobody can help you then.

It seems odd that you're struggling to get into a game with Blyth but won't attempt to play with any other team. How about holidaying into the future, then picking them to manage? The idea is that you wont know any of the players, so data issues wont effect you, the chairman might have changed and also you'll have no idea what sort of state they'll be in.

I've decided to do this. I'm going to holiday till July the 8th of 2023, that will be my 30th birthday in RL.

I played a few seasons as Blyth on FM09, really enjoyed it. Got them up to League 2, would have continued but I had PC problems, then work got busy, FM10 came out, ended up discontinuing.

Re. your situation, if you really want to stick with Blyth no matter what, could you use the editor to move them into a different country e.g. stick them in a lower tier of Italy, Spain, Belgium, even Scotland, whatever you fancy?

You'd still be playing as Blyth but also you'd be experiencing a different league, new challenges and would learn more about the league of another country :)

Archived