Anyone else having problems getting an International job?

Started a new test game with the database set up to get as many International jobs available as possible.

Made a new manager with international footballer reputation. This gave me continental reputation. Started unemployed and applied for any available job, which included Malta, Turkey, Columbia, Ecuador, Mali, El Salvador, The Congo, Liberia and Panama.

Rejected for every one in favour of some really inferior managers. :confused:

What's going on?

Anyone else having a problem like this?

Any help appreciated. Thanks. :)

Yes, I have gotten the Malta and Panama jobs a number of times before starting as unemployed with an "automatic" reputation, probably somewhere between semi-pro and pro (with game setups which greyed-out sunday league rep).

Was this a new manager in an existing game? Or a fresh game, day one start?

It was happening in one of my current saves so I started a fresh save to test it.

On this occasion, I'm talking about the day one start. I've loaded up one league and set-up the database so that I get as many nations playable as possible.

I've tried making a manager with 'professional' or 'international footballer' reputation at the start. Both times, I'm getting rejected for everything! :confused:

I am finding it more difficult on this version of the game as well. Having said that I have managed Malta, Macedonia, Jamaica, Honduras, USA and Mexico. As a world class manager though I would expect some other nations to want me as well. England, Brazil, France, Italy, Spain, Romania, Turkey, Belgium and others have rejected me.

I gave myself a semi-pro manager on starting this game and places like Vanuatu also rejected me as well as as many underage teams from the various nations. Only New Zealand U19s accepted me.

It's pretty strange. Is there any way of working around it do you think?

Can you do anything with a real time editor to help?

I haven't tried but obviously maxing out your reputation would help. Also setting your nationality to that of the nation you want to manage and you can change it back assuming you get the job.

Even that isn't working jod123. I'm beginning to think something is seriously wrong.

In my test save, starting on day one, I made a Turkish manager who is 'continental' in terms of reputation (international footballer choice). I even edited my main opposition for the vacant manager job. So I'm now the best candidate and I'm Turkish.

So who do Turkey appoint? A coach who only has national reputation. :confused:

This time, I decided to change the nationality of every other Turkish manager apart from my one.

And guess what?

My manager didn't get the job!

In fact, the game created a regen manager who didn't previously exist to fill the position. A new Turkish regen manager was created with only 'regional' status. And he got the job instead of my 'continental' manager.

Totally bizarre!

The reason I am so bothered about this is because I'm playing an international save and I wanted to move around a few nations during my intentional career.

Does anyone know if there is any possible workaround? I don't really want to have to make a new manager for every new side I want to manage.

Is there a real time editor that I could use to give my in-game manager a contract with a new team or something like that?

If I remember correctly, this has been pointed out before, that once your reputation gets to a certain level it suddenly becomes alot harder to get jobs (especially international positions)

What? You're saying I'm too good?

If I remember correctly, this has been pointed out before, that once your reputation gets to a certain level it suddenly becomes alot harder to get jobs (especially international positions)

It seems to be happening regardless of my reputation. I've tried World Class, Continental, National and Regional.

I've had no issues getting international jobs.

Started at the lowest levels with the worst rep and have so far managed Iceland, Paraguay, Mexico, Russia, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Mexico for a second time. As well as Spain's U19 and Mexico's U20 sides.

Is it maybe the case that rep alone isn't enough? Maybe you need an impressive enough c.v. too (couple of trophies here and there)?

What? You're saying I'm too good?

I bring it up because I remember that I used to be able to get jobs quite easily, but after sometime, as my reputation got higher, I found it harder, and I'm sure others have reported the same

But as you've said it appears to be the same for you regardless of reputation

I've had no issues getting international jobs.

Started at the lowest levels with the worst rep and have so far managed Iceland, Paraguay, Mexico, Russia, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Mexico for a second time. As well as Spain's U19 and Mexico's U20 sides.

Which patch did you start this game on?

Is it maybe the case that rep alone isn't enough? Maybe you need an impressive enough c.v. too (couple of trophies here and there)?

It could be, I suppose, although the game always used to work on reputation alone. Also, at the moment, I can't get any job at all, and my CV isn't bad. I was England manager for 8 years, got to a World Cup final and a European Championships final, and won Euro 2016, so I should have a decent enough CV to get some International job.

Tbh I don't have any problems getting an international job. I am the best manager in the game and playing with Spain the WC now.

After that I'll resign and I'm sure I'll immediately find another job. Hell, 2 WC's ago I've won it with Mexico and resigned after that. In these 8 years I was with other nations Mexico must have offered me the job 5-6 times.

I've just run another test, creating the best German manager in the game by far and making him apply for the vacant German International job.

He was turned down in favour of a 'regional' manager. The news item said that 'sections of the media expressed their disbelief that someone with virtually no managerial experience had been hired'. The manager in question has never managed anyone before. I really don't get it.

Fairly certain it was 10.3, can't be 100% certain though.

Can you do me a favour and create a new manager on your save at some point and then apply for any international job? Doesn't matter which one, just make your manager the same nationality and give him the top reputation which should (in theory) guarantee him the job.

I just want to try to narrow down why this is happening.

I dont really understand sorry lol but i normally just play the game until i get offered a job, i only do certain countries spain england n south korea lol i got offer mexico ghana a few africa countries

I dont really understand sorry lol but i normally just play the game until i get offered a job, i only do certain countries spain england n south korea lol i got offer mexico ghana a few africa countries

So do I but that's the problem. I'm not getting any job offers at all, ever! :D

Mr. Spanish McSpaniard applied for the Spain job, but it went do some guy called Victor Valdés :(.

With never having a job Mr McSpaniard retired from football and the news message went like this:

"McSpaniard dedicated a long and glorious career to football and the sport will be all the more poorer without him.

Yes, the 1 week withouth a job was indeed long and glorious :).

Mr. Spanish McSpaniard applied for the Spain job, but it went do some guy called Victor Valdés :(.

With never having a job Mr McSpaniard retired from football and the news message went like this:

"McSpaniard dedicated a long and glorious career to football and the sport will be all the more poorer without him.

Yes, the 1 week withouth a job was indeed long and glorious :).

:D

2nd try with a Colombian dude, again, an ex player got the job, I did get a job offer from a Brazilian Serie A team though.

And Honduras became 4th in the world cup with Turkey winning it.

So you've had no luck applying for international jobs either?

It must be something to do with being a new manager then I guess because your other manager was able to get jobs, wasn't he?

Perhaps the game wants you to have played a certain amount of games as a manager first or something like that? I don't know.

I'm totally confused as to what the issue is to be honest.

Has anyone got any idea what the issue is with this?

Or anyway of working around it? I'm not that knowledgeable about editors etc. Would there be any way I could keep the same manager and force different nations into appointing me?

I'm playing an International save where I want to move around to manage different nations and I'm feeling a bit disappointed by this. :(

I've never had a problem in my long term game so far. But that was started on patch 10.2 with no rep, worked my way up though the leagues, got the Ghana job while managing in the championship, then the Brazilian job after winning a treble in the Spanish league plus the champions league twice.

So it must be a problem with 10.3 ? Why not try it on 10.2.

The trouble is that I am already on 10.3 in the save this issue is having an effect on.

This is the career I am trying to save by finding out how to overcome this issue- http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=185264

I really want to come up with a way of carrying on this save. Basically, I have been managing England for 8 years but now I've been sacked. I really wanted to play with a few smaller countries and to try a new challenge now. I wanted to journeyman internationally and to try a number of different nations. The idea was to carry on the story but with a new country.

Yep, got offered every job I applied to :).

It's weird because I can get pretty much every club job I apply for.

There must be something tied to the number of games you have played maybe? Some kind of hidden factor which stops you from taking control of a national team. But what is it? Age? Matches played? Clubs controlled?

I don't get it. :confused:

in answer to the title; no.

I started sunday league experience unemployed, got Horsham YMCA job (my hometown :D) and cook islands job straight away pretty much, i know its not much but with no experience i get a national job, so its not hard.

BREAKTHROUGH:

I now understand what seems to be causing the issue.

My manager without a club job - gets rejected for everything.

My manager with a club job - gets offered international jobs!

It's seems that having a club job is the difference. Weird, I know.

I applied for the vacant Liverpool job and tested applying for international jobs and all of a sudden I found that I was getting them. Went back and tested the same manager but without a club job and I was back at square one.

So that appears to be the answer.

The trouble is that I am already on 10.3 in the save this issue is having an effect on.

This is the career I am trying to save by finding out how to overcome this issue- http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=185264

I really want to come up with a way of carrying on this save. Basically, I have been managing England for 8 years but now I've been sacked. I really wanted to play with a few smaller countries and to try a new challenge now. I wanted to journeyman internationally and to try a number of different nations. The idea was to carry on the story but with a new country.

It is quite simple. Some users have said that it was too easy to get an International Job so the people at SI made it harder to get one or it could be a bug.

One thing is for sure, in FM07 I get a international Job after the 2008 euro competition without fail and the teams that regularly happen was Portugal, Sweden and France.

Personally I think it would be fun (in the case if your playing with a friend or friends) to start the with a club and international. However I understand where the fun can be for you to earn the reputation to get International job.

Crouch, I know that I've gotten international jobs when starting as unemployed... but I went back to a couple of those games and noticed something: I had accepted a club job before the date (if even by a few days) the decision was made on my national team job application. Didn't recall that detail when thinking about my experiences, but this discussion prompted me to check.

I'm currently the manager of a Coca Cola League 1 team, about 3 seasons in, I set my reputation as an International Footballer, its now world class. Yet whenever I apply for international jobs I always get turned down, every time :( even for the lesser nations, I'm playing on 10.3 as well, so it may well be a bug.

It definitely is much harder to get international jobs now. On FM09 after starting with international reputation, I could always get a decent international job immediately. After a few years, when one became available, I could always get a top international job as well like Argentina, Brazil, Holland, Portugal and France. They are all big teams I have managed on the FM09. On FM10 the biggest I have got is Mexico, which is a good job but none of the big european nations or south american ones want me when in the past it was pretty straightforward with a world class reputation to get one.

Archived