Frustrating Hall of Fame problem...

Hey, I did a detailed search but couldn't find an answer to my particular query.

I recently installed Windows Vista on my PC, and managed to successfully transfer my saved game files to the newly installed FM10 (via Steam). I also saved the old hall_of_fame.dat file and hoped to transfer it onto my new OS. However, after installing the game and transferring the saved game files, I put the hall_of_fame.dat file back into the Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2010 folder, yet the in game Hall of Fame doesn't recognise my managerial achievements (Won 10 league titles, multiple domestic cups and European trophies, and a World Cup).

I don't know what it is I'm doing wrong. I copied the old hall of fame file before installing the new operating system, and placed it back into the same location it had been previously, and yet the Hall of Fame says I've only won one league title and one domestic cup!

Tis very frustrating, and any help would be much obliged.

Are you replacing the correct Hall of Fame file? I'm not sure but if you've updated via a patch it creates another folder for things such as the hall of fame, takeovers and such. Not 100% sure if it deffinately works this way so you may want to check.

Hall Of Fame has never worked for me on any FM. It still inaccurately details my achievements, i've had something like three league wins in Scotland and about five cups and a European Cup. In England its seven leagues and something like 10 cups, and a European Cup yet i'm still rated nowhere near the top, and it says i've won a quarter of what i have.

To the OP you really must have copied the wrong hall of fame file over. I've done this countless times and never had a problem.

Also to HamSandwhiches bear in mind not all cups make it onto the hall of fame. For instance charity sheilds, euro super cups and club world championships and even Carling Cups don't appear on there. The hall of fame is only for major acheivements so the only league win in England that will be recorded there will be Premier Leauge wins.

Dave... yeah, I'm starting to think I have copied the wrong hall of fame file, which is raaaather annoying to say the least. Looks like I may have to start another game! Grr. Thanks all for responding!

• 2 months later...

Archived