Scouting Africa and the world

I Must have done 20 years of scouting in Africa and the world without ever getting a report back on a single player. Even if I scout one country in Africa I will never get any reports back and if I send a scout to scout the world, again, nothing, ever. This doesn't happen in Europe.

It must be a problem with the game as it's not my scouts, and it has happened over countless seasons, or am I missing something?

1) First of all the scouts won't recommend you players from lesser country's if you are a big team.

2) If you don't load some African nations like South Africa, then you won't have many players from those country's.

3) Look at your scouts determination, as if I recall correctly this attribute is key for a thorough search.

1) First of all the scouts won't recommend you players from lesser country's if you are a big team.

2) If you don't load some African nations like South Africa, then you won't have many players from those country's.

3) Look at your scouts determination, as if I recall correctly this attribute is key for a thorough search.

What is a 'lesser' country? What you're saying is very vague.

That would be why I'm not getting any scout reports from Africa then.

My scouts are all very good and I always make a point of highering scouts with high determination, so I'm still wondering why I never get any reports back if I send somebody to scout the world?

lets not beat about the bush here, even the best teams in africa dont have that many good players so if your a big team your not going to find many players in that continent. most of africas best players already play in europe.

also there is a fair amount of players who play for african countries who were born and raised in france. i think at this world cup i heard algeria had something like 16 players in their squad born in france.

What is a 'lesser' country? What you're saying is very vague.

I meant (without any disrespect) country's where football is not so developed Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Botswana, Burundi etc

Try sending your scouts to specific country's like Egypt, Tunisia, Angola, Ivory Coast, South Africa, Algeria

The fewer players are loaded in those leagues, the fewer players can be found.

As far as I'm aware there is hardly any quality player based in Africa (bar Egypt) which is any good for a decent Europan team in the original db. Your scouts won't report on players who they don't rate. So you can get a blank screen even if they scouted every player loaded from a nation.

That combined gives you a very low likelihood of finding anyone when scouting Africa.

When you start the game I there's a tab which says 'load all players from'. Click on that and it will bring up a box which will let you choose the specific criteria you want. I loaded all internationals, and all players of national reputation from Africa and I got thousands of players in African in my game now.

When you start the game I there's a tab which says 'load all players from'. Click on that and it will bring up a box which will let you choose the specific criteria you want. I loaded all internationals, and all players of national reputation from Africa and I got thousands of players in African in my game now.

Oh cool thanks. So when you do that does it just add real players or regens to? and does it ever create and regenerate more regens as the years go on?

Oh cool thanks. So when you do that does it just add real players or regens to? and does it ever create and regenerate more regens as the years go on?

You get regens from all over the world every year, but more of them are created in active leagues. South Africa is the only default league you can have active in FM, so if you load that league at the start of the game, you can get a higher ratio of South African regens.

The Editor's Forum has links to user-created leagues from around Africa (Egypt comes notably to mind) you can download and use when you start your game. That will get you that same higher ratio of Egyptian regens...

Archived