Wage problems!?!

I'm at Galatasaray and won everything that is possible to win in last 5 years from Turkish Cup to Champions League. Last 2 years, I'm having massive problems with players demanding incredible wages. I have Iker Muniain who demands 10.000.000 Euro/year? I spend 90.000.000 Euro on wages every year. So my question is how much do you spend on wages per year and who is the top earner in your team and how much does he earn?

Because frankly, I'm not giving 10.000.000 Euro/year to anyone!

I'm not sure how it works, but it seems to be related to how the general wage is in the club. For instance if you take a team from lower divisions and keep a very strict wage budget, your players don't seem to be demanding as much as they would in a "big wage" club.

I took Rushden to the premier league and my wage for the entire team is ~280.000 Euro/week. That is the same as 2 stars in the big clubs. I buy my players young and cheap and keep their wages as low as possible.

I'm not sure it's possible to cut wages in the big clubs once they are "up there"

Sell those overpriced players or offer them to clubs, if a decent amount offer comes around then give him permission to discuss the contract.

If they leave look at their new agreements, if it's drastically dropped say from 10 million to 4-6 million then the problem is with your reputation. Sadly league reputations don't rise so maybe this is how they suggest that they would rather play for Wigan, Valencia, Fiorentina etc then for your side.

Keep eye on youth players you can snatch up some very good prodigy's for a maximum 2 million contract.

€ 10m a year is a pretty standard rate for world class players irl which is often even exceeded.

If you want to balance your wage structure, then it may become necessary to exchange some parts of the squad at times.

Just like irl, players are not likely to ever accept pay cuts.

Archived