Setting up academys?

thats fifa manager talk that is..

even though I agree with you.

True, I might ad also that I'm waiting on two major uplifts, Media and Finances. In my experience regens are decent enough, for my level of academy, and I remember I got a good variety if I had a broad scouting network (of course at big clubs like Man Utd)

oh look at me, i hate FIFA manager so anything that game has MUST not be in FM cause thats a gimmick. (sarcasm)

In all fairness, other than the match engine, the database(which isnt as good as people say it is) and true to life rules systems, FM has nothing going for it.

If FIFA or CM had the match engine of FM, I would have jump ship a very long time ago.

oh look at me, i hate FIFA manager so anything that game has MUST not be in FM cause thats a gimmick. (sarcasm)

What are you saying? That game has a lot of things that has been done better, or things I also want in FM.

I'm saying putting things in FM because it's in fifa manager is just plain stupid.

yes, it is...

and its been discussed many many times before.... quite an old idea.... id like it to be implemented... but in a realistic way..

only when a club reaches a certain rep and status etc...

could just be a kinda add on to the influx of youth at the start of the year... but with an academy you'll get a certain quality boost and certain nationalities obviously....

simple feature to add and improves detail in the game immensely ...

I think this is a good idea, much like the Ajax acadamy in South Africa I think.

That's a club who are closely associated with Ajax, rather than an academy.

Could somebody name five examples of such academies, please?

I notice how alot of teams choose to setup there own academys in countrys like brazil/india/ghana ect... and use it as a feeder club..

Just think this would be a good addition to the new FM :D

I agree, this is one thing I would LOVE to see in future versions of FM. This is also probably the best feature of FIFA Manager- SI can learn from them, albeit only a little bit.

Still, I don't quite think it's a make-or-break feature, but it should be in the game.

That's a club who are closely associated with Ajax, rather than an academy.

Could somebody name five examples of such academies, please?

Athletic Bilbao has an academy in the Congo , ManU has one in Brazil, Ajax has their affiliate in Cape Town SA and used to have one in Orlando, Flordia (yes, these are affiliated teams, but to say that they aren't used to develop youth is pretty ignorant- read this), Barcelona has an academy in Egypt. That's five.

EDIT: Also, can't forget Crystal Palace's Baltimore affiliate- there's six for good measure.

(yes, these are affiliated teams, but to say that they aren't used to develop youth is pretty ignorant-

Every club is used to develop youth (or they should), but that doesn't make them an academy.

You can already buy your affiliates youth, which is what Ajax doest at Cape Town.

Every club is used to develop youth (or they should), but that doesn't make them an academy.

You can already buy your affiliates youth, which is what Ajax doest at Cape Town.

Sort of- Ajax signs players to their youth team directly to their own youth squad. The ones that don't make it outright play for the first team. Although youth camps not affiliated with an actual team are fairly common (the ManU, Athletic Club, Barcelona examples; I also think Arsenal holds camps in the U.S. and Chelsea held camps during a visit to Dallas pretty recently, though the Chelsea and Arsenal examples are more temporary).

Ajax Orlando and Crystal Palace Baltimore in the USA are also affiliated teams, but they play in lower American leagues which are primarily used to develop young American players (although, in America, "young" player is defined as 23 and under)- same concept as academies, though.

I do think academies should be in the game to establish abroad, or at least temporary camps as Chelsea and Arsenal have held.

There is a facebook group for a Barcelona soccer school in Dubai and it says they also have one in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. Click

I think this should be in the game but maybe it should only be available to clubs that reach a certain reputation.

There is a facebook group for a Barcelona soccer school in Dubai and it says they also have one in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. Click

I think this should be in the game but maybe it should only be available to clubs that reach a certain reputation.

The reputation thing isn't bad, but I think setting up academies should be more about finances- how good the players are should be more tied to reputation.

This is one area where FIFA Manager got something right- if you're playing as, say, Real Betis you could set up a camp in Mexico. However, if a team like Barcelona also had one in Mexico, they'd be more likely to get better players. This is what I think should be tied to reputation

I don't think that reputation should be tied to how good the players are that come from the camp. If in real life a Barcelona camp had staff that were not as good at judging a players potential as the staff at a Real Betis camp then it would be more likely that Betis would find a decent player.

I agree on the finances I also think though that most soccer schools and such seem to be ran by clubs with a high reputation but really reputation does bring in the cash to a certain degree.

arsenal also have one in dubai

:)

I don't think that reputation should be tied to how good the players are that come from the camp. If in real life a Barcelona camp had staff that were not as good at judging a players potential as the staff at a Real Betis camp then it would be more likely that Betis would find a decent player.

I agree on the finances I also think though that most soccer schools and such seem to be ran by clubs with a high reputation but really reputation does bring in the cash to a certain degree.

True, but what I mean is that better players would be more likely to sign up for a Barcelona camp than a Betis camp- I think it should be up to the staff to sign players for the camp and develop them as long as they're there, which is where the staff attributes would come into play.

But as far as the finances vs. reputation- I think rep should dictate the quality of staff/players in an academy, while finances should dictate whether the camp is able to be set up in the first place.

I agree if the camps are in the same country then a youngster is defiantly more likely to sign for a Barcelona one over a Betis one.

I think the idea is good in my current game I manage Velez Sarsfield in the Argentine premier league. We recently had a takeover where the owner pumped 10's of millions into the club and declared how he wanted to make the club a dominant force in Argentina and in continental competition. With all his cash and promises surely it would make sense for him to go out and try to establish a camp in another South American country in he hopes of finding a player with bags of potential that can help the club achieve his aims.

Archived