Is the italian league unpopular or something?

I took over AC Milan in the 2nd season(well i was there for last 5 games of the first season) after they were in trouble lying mid table... Unfortunately in those 5 games I couldn't save them keeping them in 10th. It meant that AC were to have no European football in the second season :o

But i turned it around. Signing some decent enough players and then going on to win the league by 4 points. Got knocked out of the italian cup in the first round but thats not important ;)

What is now frustrating me is that i wanted to improve the squad further by signing some better players ready for the champions league season only to find that none of them want to join me :( saying it is too big a step in the wrong direction! From Barcelona and Chelsea and Arsenal... and i'm sure i could add to that list if i got offers accepted for other players at big teams! 1 case being frustrating when i tested to see if Zigic would want to come! And he didn't! even though Valencia had an equally poor season in the first. finishing something like 14th... So why would a player like that not want to come either?! Valencia went on to finish 4th next season

Its frustrating... i don't understand. Who would think going to the italian champions would be a bad career choice?

I always thought that the "rank" of players that would accept going to a certain club was affected mainly by the team's reputation,not the league reputation.

But i might be wrong.

This is true but club reputation is capped by league reputation. Still the situation described in the OP seems bizarre.

^^^^ and is there no way to raise the league reputation?

If there is no way,then what a crap system that is.

Yeah and it really is something that should be changed. You can change it by using an editor though like FMRTE.

How can i find out how high my teams reputation is? Without using FMRTE?

Without using any external utilities you can just find if your club has worldwide, continental, national, regional, local or obscure reputation on the club information screen.

To view exactly what it is you have to use FMRTE or Genie Scout.

It won't even let me sign liverpool players - and they finished 8th last season... also bayern munich players won't come despite being continental rep - like mine - and the italian league has a higher rep then the german i believe!?

Guess the only option is FMRTE to see why its behaving like this because it makes no sense. I have the 6th best coefficients rating etc

Buy different players. Always players available who can do the job for you. Never tried in Italian league but playing my 2nd season in EPL with Notts county and im attracting some good players. Not big names, but I know after this season all the big teams will be sniffing at them.

It won't even let me sign liverpool players - and they finished 8th last season... also bayern munich players won't come despite being continental rep - like mine - and the italian league has a higher rep then the german i believe!?

Guess the only option is FMRTE to see why its behaving like this because it makes no sense. I have the 6th best coefficients rating etc

I think there is a big enough variation in continental rep. Something like 7000 - 8500 as it is stored as a number under the hood. Bayern could therefore have a bigger reputation than you. Coefficients will have no impact about players wanting to join.

Just checked and Italian league is 18 rep and so is spains but the prem is 19 rep. Barcelona's rep is higher then mine but i don't see why Keita wouldnt join considering he is in the final year of his contract and he's also rejecting any offers they give him :(. Liverpool also have a lower rep but can't get their players :(

Can League Reputation raise so in the game 30 years from now a regen (version of Messi, Ronaldo etc) would want to go to say the Andoran or San Marino leagues?

League reputation doesn't change in the game so that scenario would never happen.

Buy different players. Always players available who can do the job for you. Never tried in Italian league but playing my 2nd season in EPL with Notts county and im attracting some good players. Not big names, but I know after this season all the big teams will be sniffing at them.

I did this and i'm pleased with the results :)

Can't wait to get the season started!

Seems pretty strange, I've managed Milan a while ago and I was able to get good players. If a player is doing good for their clubs or favours the club they're not likely to leave, otherwise maybe you just aren't offering them good enough wages.

Archived