Stadium upgrades

Using Super Bladesman's extension to level 11 I've taken a local club from Level 10 into the Championship...However the board will not consider expanding the stadium as the council will never give planning permission due to lack of space.

So I am now in the Championship with a 1,000 capacity stadium with no seats. Surely this wouldn't be allowed in reality??

I just can't believe it, I've asked every season since I got to the Blue Square North and same old. We had a takeover but it was by another board member and we've still got nee cash. Training and YOuth facilities of 1...it's not bloody easy!

Money must be realy tight for your club with a stadium like that. No doubt that it's not easy, but least you can be proud of the achievement of getting them all that way with NO help from the board! :thup:

thank you - I am and hoping to get them into the Premiership but this is where the challenge is going to be really difficult. We got out of league 1 with a very average squad and no decent players want to join.

In 9 seasons I've spent £70k...desperate for some cash and gate receipts would help a great deal! Seems we haven't managed to shake the small club mentality...

The board will expand your stadium to (minimum) 10,000 when you reach premier league to meet minimum requirements ... at least it happened to me at wootton bassett...

Ah well, that's a start - but if there is no room for expansion I wonder if I'll get a brand new stadium? Hope we get promoted soon!

The board will expand your stadium to (minimum) 10,000 when you reach premier league to meet minimum requirements ... at least it happened to me at wootton bassett...

im not sure this will always be the case, spent my first 2 seasons in the prem with less than 5000 seats and less than 10000 overall. In the 3rd season they made the ground a 9000 all seater due to "league regulations", dunno why they waited so long finances have been secure since the start.

Season 4 and im moving into my new 29000 seater stadium in the summer wooohooo

In my case, the expansion was not even completed and the board announced that they are building new 27,000 seat stadium named after me :)

congratulations, ive never had a stadium named after me :(

will probally be my last big save game on this years version so fingers crossed for it happening in fm11 :thup:

12 years ;)

still another 3 years for me to go in that case, although I have legend status already. Still to achieve:

Have a new stadium built and named after me

Win the Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Champions league (think that is still a while off!!)

Get a son in the youth team and develop him into a first teamer

how do i even ask the board?

i also used super bladesman expansion and ive taken afc liverpool to the verge of the championship but the board still havent even spoken about the possiblity despite the fact i share the stadium with presscot cables

how do i even ask the board?

i also used super bladesman expansion and ive taken afc liverpool to the verge of the championship but the board still havent even spoken about the possiblity despite the fact i share the stadium with presscot cables

you ask the board to expand the stadium, if you are at max capacity or have a stadium thats way too small for your fanbase they may choose to build a new one instead

right its that simple i did ask about an expansion but they said we couldn't as we don't own our stadium which makes sense but i was just wandering if i was being stupid and couldnt see where i should ask

think it might be a little while before i get a new one as my average attendance is about 4200 and the stadium has a capacity of 4400 however i only have 500 seats

right its that simple i did ask about an expansion but they said we couldn't as we don't own our stadium which makes sense but i was just wandering if i was being stupid and couldnt see where i should ask

think it might be a little while before i get a new one as my average attendance is about 4200 and the stadium has a capacity of 4400 however i only have 500 seats

no you are doing it right, the best thing you can do to improve your chances is to keep winning thus increasing your fanbase and to keep the club on a healthy financial footing.

dont despair, i kept asking and getting the response "the council will never grant planning permission" all season then out of the blue they announced the new stadium at the end.

just have to be patient

yeah i'm more than happy to be patient and i am in a very strong financial position with the majority of my transfer budget in still intact and i'm well under my wage budget which in my opinion would suggest that i am perhaps closer than i had first thought. And being honest it wouldn't be to traumatic for the club if i don't get promoted this season although it would be hard to take considering my current position within the league and a few older big earners may be forced to move on.

Using Super Bladesman's extension to level 11 I've taken a local club from Level 10 into the Championship...However the board will not consider expanding the stadium as the council will never give planning permission due to lack of space.

So I am now in the Championship with a 1,000 capacity stadium with no seats. Surely this wouldn't be allowed in reality??

You should never have been allowed into the Conference, and also probably not even the Isthmian/Northern/Southern Leagues.

Archived