Is the iPod Touch version worth it?

Now don't get me wrong. This isn't a 'is Handheld good?'

I've had the PSP Version every year since it came out. But I was wondering what was different in the iPod Touch version. Because 14 bucks is a fair bit :|

What's cut out? What's the layout like compared to the PSP? Is it easy to move back and forward between pages? Should Ijust wait for 2011?

Thanks for any replies.

I have both versions and there are a few "for and against" for each in comparison. I now ONLY play the Ipod version. (other than the PC which will always remain my favourite).

A few pointers to help you out deciding -

- Excellent touch screen functions (this makes the game above the PSP version on its own). Very responsive.

- Because of the touch screen, it is quicker moving around the screens once you get used to where things are located.

- Game engine same as PSP.

- Layout same as PSP. (other than a few options moved around for touch screen ease).

- 2d pitch same as PSP.

- Badges/Logos present for lower leagues and foreign leagues on IPOD/Phone.

- Database is the same as the PSP.

- 3rd update coming soon which show a more improved layout. As such more support with ipod version than PSP version.

- Apparantly works on the Ipad.

- Ipod/Iphone easier to carry about.

- FMHi is cheaper to purchase than PSP version.

- IPOD = no UMD required !!!

Hope this helps.

• SI Staff
It does, thanks.

Can I buy the game now and update it later when the update comes out?

Yes you'll be able to update it post purchase (and save games are fully compatible).

PS - Do bear in mind that the 'big' difference between PSP and iTouch/iPhone version at present is that you can only have a single nation active at a time on the iTouch version at present (as opposed to three on the PSP).

I would buy it because:

- It offers you a convenient way to play FM!

- Yes, it's not as detailed etc as other versions of the game but it's definitely detailed enough to be able to 'get into' a save and enjoy it.

- Its very easy to play, no messing about really.

I enjoy the game, it's great for the train, car, bus etc and passes the time better than searching through the Internet.

Get it tbh. :thup::)

Archived