Your First Decent Prodigy

Well Im managing Chelsea and Ive finally got a youth team breakthrough whos actually awesome. For Chelsea he is awesome on the wing where as for England I use him as my main striker next to an ageing Rooney.

Whos your youth team prodigy...

975yls.png

259widv.png

In my Leeds game I got a young DC up called Adam McCoy.. it was clear that this was no ordinary talent..!

Already in his first season (16 years old) he played 15 premier league matches and scored a goal. From this point on, he has been a starter for me and now he's 23 years old has been capped 45 times for england and has played 244 EPL matches with an average of 7.16 (45 caps with average of 7.43 for England)

He is worth £22m and I've rejected countless bids from all major clubs in europe. He'll stay with me until the day he retires! Best newgen I've ever gotten! almost never injured and is EXTREMELY consistant in his performances.

I had a defensive midfielder at Liverpool that came through my youth academy. He was just awesome. He was basically the perfect midfield player until he broke a leg. I lost him for a year basically and his physical stats severely deteriorated so I decided to play him as a deep lying play maker in the deeper DM position and managed to get my highest ever assist tally of 27 in one season. He retired at the age of 31 (relatively young) because his physical stats were terrible and he couldn't hack it any more. A big shame really as he was only 28 appearances from the all time holder.

Recently started a game with Czech second division team Most and had a great youngster generated at game start! Not on the same level as most of those above (obviously since it isn't a huge club) but he is pretty good indeed and just 15. Hopefully he will make the Czech national team one day.

2hq6q6f.png

Seriously, I've never had a world-class prospect from my own youth team, always have to hope my scouts (or I) can track them down before they become expensive.

I consider him mine, Andrew Lynch, a Scott from Ross County got him in his 1st season for 75k, and now at 30 he's about to become scotlands highest scorer with 44 in 65 games. Been with me since i was in the championship, he's also my all time top scorer with 200 in 400 games.

I do have one player Grant Wilson who came up through my youth team, he's okay, he's played for my team as a sub for the last 6 years, he'll never get ahead of Sam Liversedge, just has 2 wait 5-10 games until same is to tired or injured again lol.

My first prodigy is already 30 at the moment and I'm not managing his club anymore, but I'm very proud to present him.

He was 16 when he came through and he was awesome from the very beginning:

profileb.jpg

historyq.jpg

biographyp.jpg

what skin its that please:)

sorry to be a pain, was just wondering if one of you guys could tell me how you posted your pictures up like that? cheers.

press the printscreen button (prtscr) on most laptops and pcs and then paste to paint and upload on tinypic.com and select the option to paste on to forums, it puts the tags up for ya too :)

but on topic, i always get decent midfielders, never a defender or goal keeper. im lookin for the next john terry :)

My best youth player was a Frank Lampard clone I had on a Chelsea save in FM09. He was quite literally a clone stats-wise, I had a screenshot of him at his prime, but I seem to have misplaced it....

Anyways, this is probably my best atm, been using him mostly as backup/sub, until he gets some better technical stats. He makes some fantastic runs through the middle with his speed and either footed-ness. My favorite thing is that he's from Andorra :D. Their national team is now the definition of one man team. He was created at the club, didn't sign him. He just scored that first international goal about one game-month ago. I was so proud.

9valterjos.png

Archived