Refs using common sense

Why do refs always send people off in the 92nd minute and then blowing up for full time straight after why not just leave it and save the player a suspension

Because if a foul is a red card then a red card should be issued because they are still playing when the whistle hasnt been blown. I havent really noticed players getting heavily sent off in the 92nd minute, when my players get sent off its usually before half-time or half way into the second half. I don't see real players not getting sent off for a tackle just because the ref is about to blow the final whistle.

Because if a foul is a red card then a red card should be issued because they are still playing when the whistle hasnt been blown. I havent really noticed players getting heavily sent off in the 92nd minute, when my players get sent off its usually before half-time or half way into the second half. I don't see real players not getting sent off for a tackle just because the ref is about to blow the final whistle.

In my world cup in FM, Italy was 5 minutes into a 3 minutew stoppage, and the referee didn't blow the whistle for the end until Zambrotta got a yellow card. Teachin' that team of Cristiano Ronaldos a lesson. :D

In my world cup in FM, Italy was 5 minutes into a 3 minutew stoppage, and the referee didn't blow the whistle for the end until Zambrotta got a yellow card. Teachin' that team of Cristiano Ronaldos a lesson. :D

lol but its still within playing time for the match so sending off is possible. I can assure you the game isnt created just to get someone sent off at the end of the game lmao imagine if it was.

lol but its still within playing time for the match so sending off is possible. I can assure you the game isnt created just to get someone sent off at the end of the game lmao imagine if it was.

I know that, it's the only time it happened, but the game went to 5 minutes of stoppage for no reason, so maybe the game glitched and needed something to happen in order to end.

I know that, it's the only time it happened, but the game went to 5 minutes of stoppage for no reason, so maybe the game glitched and needed something to happen in order to end.

I do admit that ive noticed that most games go beyond the 'stoppage time' but i never hardly see sending off in the stoppage time. Maybe it was just a one-off occurance :p

Why do refs always send people off in the 92nd minute and then blowing up for full time straight after why not just leave it and save the player a suspension

Because if they deserve a card they should get a card, doesn't matter if it's the first or last minute of a game.

Otherwise you will see lots of Zidane style headbutts in the 92nd minute, then the ref saying "It's okay mate, I won't book you as you don't want a suspension, carry on and headbutt the rest of the team if you like, as anything goes in the 92nd minute!"

Because if they deserve a card they should get a card, doesn't matter if it's the first or last minute of a game.

Otherwise you will see lots of Zidane style headbutts in the 92nd minute, then the ref saying "It's okay mate, I won't book you as you don't want a suspension, carry on and headbutt the rest of the team if you like, as anything goes in the 92nd minute!"

Hope Sepp Blatter doesn't read this as he may actually implement it!!;)

That is actually a brilliant idea. If the game is a draw, scrap all rules except the location and method of goal scoring and the pitch boundaries. First goal wins.

I actually experienced this IRL :| ... although it was in the local amateur ranks, the ref. told me after I had been fouled by a late tackle, that he wouldn't issue a card (which gives 10 min. off the pitch in that league) as there were only 9 min. left of the game, and he felt that it would hurt the match if they had to play with only 10 guys.

So of course a bookable offense should be booked no matter when it happens, anything else is just well .... amateurish! :)

Referees are always instructed that a cautionable or sending off offence should be punished according to the rules, regardless of when it happens. If a serious offence occurs, then it will be puinshed accordingly. If a minor offence occurs very late in the game, it may be that the ref may use some discretion.

Refs can caution or send off a player after the game has finished.

I actually believe refs can send players off after the final whistle. Although i cant give evidence where this has happened

Yeah it can. An example from reality was Nuno Gomes (I think) got a red card after the final whistle of Portugal's Euro 2000 semi final defeat to France.

you can actually be sent off after the game so i don't know what point this guy is making. Just a couple of weeks ago i went to play football and the game on before ours broke into a fight after the final whistle and the ref showed the red card to two players, meaning they would miss a few weeks for fighting.

It would be strange to see a player receive a second yellow for taking their time leaving the pitch for a sub therefore making it unable to complete the sub. Players are more frequently getting booked for wasting time

For some reason a Ref has the power to brandish cards it any point before, during or after a game, not sure why though?

It would be strange to see a player receive a second yellow for taking their time leaving the pitch for a sub therefore making it unable to complete the sub. Players are more frequently getting booked for wasting time

For some reason a Ref has the power to brandish cards it any point before, during or after a game, not sure why though?

What are you saying? You're not sure why players can be booked for ruining the game?

Archived