Players away on international duty during UEFA and FA Cup

Oh its soooo realistic, I get to the UEFA cup and FA cup final and I can't put a team together because 8 players are away playing under 21's friendlies, I have to pick complete dirt from the reserves, and I presume if I had had the foresight to withdraw these players they would have went balistic at me for doing so, what a stinking piece of s**t, I've spent according to my game time 4 and a half days, putting together a very young team that is really good, and then the fruit of all our work, two prestigious finals, and I'm sending out guys to make their debut because some of my first team are playing some friendly against the faroe Islands under 21's ....... bollox

Oh its soooo realistic, I get to the UEFA cup and FA cup final and I can't put a team together because 8 players are away playing under 21's friendlies, I have to pick complete dirt from the reserves, and I presume if I had had the foresight to withdraw these players they would have went balistic at me for doing so, what a stinking piece of s**t, I've spent according to my game time 4 and a half days, putting together a very young team that is really good, and then the fruit of all our work, two prestigious finals, and I'm sending out guys to make their debut because some of my first team are playing some friendly against the faroe Islands under 21's ....... bollox

if the game recognized such events as major finals, withdrawing players would be easy. hope this gets fixed in fm09.

tbh, you should have looked at your fixtures (an assman report of possible missed fixtures when players are called up would be... nice) and withdrew them anyways.

they aren't friendlies then? if they are, its a bug. you should always get the opportunity to withdraw players from freindlies.

players would never miss a major final for an international irl, the African CoN being the exception.

No they aren't friendlies, so I suppose it's allright, I'm sure most young players would rather represent their under 19s' in a qualifier than play in the FA cup FINAL, sure I'm surprised they don't all just go on holiday seeing as how the season is over, UEFA Cup, FA cup, wouldn't get out of bed, but being a sub for the under 21's crucial qualifier....ah, I'm just REAL annoyed, lost both finals, fans are dissapointed etc, etc, of course IRL it happens all the time, I think Man Utd are playing their reserves tomorrow night in the champions league thing, think Ferguson allowed the first team to go on Rooney's stag night or something

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klimowicz:

if the game recognized such events as major finals, withdrawing players would be easy. hope this gets fixed in fm09.

tbh, you should have looked at your fixtures (an assman report of possible missed fixtures when players are called up would be... nice) and withdrew them anyways. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Point 1 - absolutely.

Point 2 - not really. The game usually automatically reschedules your fixtures if enough players are called up on international duty. Sometimes it 'forgets' - there's no way you can know if the AI will rearrange your fixtures or not! icon_mad.gif

I've often suffered because of this. I find it always happens in Spain because their cup final is played so late on in the season. I used to like the feature in an old CM game where you could appeal to the FA for match postponement. Wish they would bring that back icon_confused.gif

Archived