Closure of Youth Facillities.

I recently went back to fm07 and started a new game with Leeds (i like to go back a few versions every now and then) and was having trouble with my finances and up popped a message ffrom the board saying that they had closed the youth academy to save money.

I didn't think this would be a bad thing so went with it. I then checked the clubs info screen witch said I had no youth facilities whatsoever and when it came to the end of the season I had no new regens come through, i was gutted, i like ny regens lol.

Has anyone come across anything like this in any version of FM?

Wow. That's something. I would have been gutted because it's one of the highlights of Football Manager creating youth prospects through your academy. Did you manage to improve the finances and have it re-open?

I've managed to improve the financial situation but nothing yet. A new board has just taken over and the said that one of their aims is to invest in the club and sort the training and youth facilities.

When they actually closed it said that they could be reopened in the future when money is a bit better so i dont think they would start from scratch, just back to how they were.

When i get on my desktop i'll try to get some screenies.

Archived