A run at player option?

Can't find it in the tactics screen anywhere but is there an option to instruct a player to run at another?

I have a very quick AMR. Within the first 5 minutes he ran at the left back, got fouled and the oppo LB got booked. Obviously now, I want my AMR to keep running at him, knowing he can't make a tackle but instead, he kept coming inside or passing square which just turned out to be very frustrating since I ended up losing 2-0.

Is there such an option somewhere or is it in the pipeline? Often irl we do see that happen; a player gets booked so he's constantly challenged knowing he can't make a tackle. Just wondered if it's in FM anywhere.

In the above case you could have (on classic):

Team instructions, used focus passing down the right flank which would get your player to have the ball more.

You would of then had to change his player option to 'run with ball' to 'more often' and his 'wide play' to 'hug the touch line'.

You may also of wanted to set him to man mark that player, so to invite the pressure.

I am not sure if hold up the ball would of helped, I have yet to try that my sel

This is how I handle the above situations, I agree, it is a good idea to target players who are on a yellow, especially if their tackling/marking are low or their aggression is high.

I do also agree this needs to be more simple to set up.

Archived