Preventing my players from getting nervous

I'm managing Lokomotiv Moscow in 2013, and while I've never had this particular problem with any previous teams I've managed, on average about 6-7 of my playing 11 start getting nervous around the start of the 2nd half of a match. Sometimes the end of the first half of a match.

This usually happens when a game is still 0-0. When I'm leading, they are all "confident". When I'm behind they are "motivated". Because it happens when 0-0 I can usually pretty much see it coming that I'll end up losing the game, as my players start playing worse when "nervous".

I can usually figure out how to deal with these kinds of mindsets, but this time aroudn I just can't figure it out.

Looking for any tips..

Thanks!

One way to deal with in the long run, is to scout all players you want, even though you know there name, it's a good thing to do.. Run the mindsets through, see if he is capable in big matches, my guess is this is where they crack. Plus it's some very decent info, I only started using it in 2009, and very rare before that, but it has helped me alot to build up a team in synergy.

A good way of combating nervousness in players during a match is to set them up tactically so that have increased success rates and reduced failure rates at events. Even if this means your awesome winger no longer bombs forward and tries to the skin whole team, it will have the effect of building their confidence throughout the match.

Teamtalks don't have a whole lot of direct impact on the team after about the first 10-15 minutes of a half. They do however set the foundation for subsequent motivation changes. A good teamtalk followed by a frustration and failure riddled half will destroy confidence. A good teamtalk followed by controlled, methodical, no-fuss possession play will build confidence.

If you see a player starting to get demotivated or nervous, look to see what they are doing in the match and if you can change their instructions to improve their performance and therefore their confidence.

Remember that in every half of every match is the equivelant of about a months worth of teamtalks and player interaction events. These changes come from what is happening on the pitch, and you can influence what is happening on the pitch through tactics.

Archived