Im not to familiar with the rules of futbol but i dont think this is legal.

Wow...

that's absolutely terrible.

AFAIK a player who's out of the pitch for treatment must rejoin the game from the midfield line, with the permission of the ref...

And he indeed counts as an active player if he's not actually receiving treatmen [see Netherland's opening goal against Italy at Euro2008...]

It isn't offside, but it is definitely an odd time and place to allow a player to return to the field of play.

usually you have to be at the side of the pitch close enough to the half way line to be allowed back on ha... as for the OP i hope you told the ref off so costing your team a goal

Wow...

that's absolutely terrible.

AFAIK a player who's out of the pitch for treatment must rejoin the game from the midfield line, with the permission of the ref...

And he indeed counts as an active player if he's not actually receiving treatmen [see Netherland's opening goal against Italy at Euro2008...]

That's a completely different situation. There's no such thing as an inactive defender.

You have to enter the pitch from the side, not behind the goal, and only with the referee's permission

So, either the ref should be sacked for being terrible (if he did give permission), or goal should be disallowed, and goalscorer sent off (booking for entering the pitch from behind the goal, and 2nd booking for re-entering the pitch without the ref's permission)

I've had something similar happen. One of my players was injured in a challenge, and my team kicked the ball out of play so he could receive treatment. The other team threw the ball in towards my goalkeeper to give the ball back to my team. Good fair play, I thought, and I was pleased this gesture was included in the game. My centerback slowly walked towards the ball and took a touch, ready to start an attack. Shortly thereafter, one of their strikers nipped in and stole the ball from my centerback and beat the goalkeeper!

I know they technically stole the ball from me, but don't you all think it was a bit unsporting to give me the ball, only to steal it instantly and score?!?!

The injured player is allowed back on by the ref and he intercepts a backpass, perfectly legal.

i sympathise with your frustration but that's what happens in real life football: stuff happens that feels unfair

there's no rule saying people have to be near the half-way line. sometimes you see players following the offside line from the side of the pitch until they are allowed on

and i'm sorry but if you aren't familiar with the rules of football that would suggest to me that you ain't a football fan and in that case what are you doing playing football manager?

The injured player is allowed back on by the ref and he intercepts a backpass, perfectly legal.

In which case the question has to be asked, why has the ref allowed a player back on from an illegal position?

Archived