A few questions about the 10.3 patch

1. I have mentioned in another thread about how my team has trouble defeating much weaker teams (using a backup, I simmed two seperate matchups 5 times each, and overall lost 9 of them). I run 10.0, but am considering upgrading to 10.3. Is the ratio of upsets at least cut down a tad so it won't always be typical to expect a loss when facing a much weaker team?

2. In matches, do defenders stop randomly kicking the ball out of bounds when they have plenty of space and open teammates by them in the new patch?

3. I have seen it mentioned that with 10.3, you just have to install the patch, not 10.0 and then upgrade witb patches. Does this mean I can uninstall 10.0 and just download the 10.3 patch and it'll run like the game or are the download links strictly upgraded files?

4. What are cool additions from 10.3 or any patch that weren't in 10.0? Any new bugs or annoyances?

5. If I uninstall 10.0 and install 10.3, do I lose my saved games?

Thanks in advance!

1. I have mentioned in another thread about how my team has trouble defeating much weaker teams (using a backup, I simmed two seperate matchups 5 times each, and overall lost 9 of them). I run 10.0, but am considering upgrading to 10.3. Is the ratio of upsets at least cut down a tad so it won't always be typical to expect a loss when facing a much weaker team?

I wouldn't necessarily blame the game for this alone. I don't see many defeats from lower teams in my latest 10.3 games but it doesn't mean it wont happen. You'd be better off figuring out why you lose to the weaker teams.

3. I have seen it mentioned that with 10.3, you just have to install the patch, not 10.0 and then upgrade witb patches. Does this mean I can uninstall 10.0 and just download the 10.3 patch and it'll run like the game or are the download links strictly upgraded files?

Installing 10.3 will patch the game, so you need the game installed.

5. If I uninstall 10.0 and install 10.3, do I lose my saved games?

No, but you dont need to uninstall the game to upgrade, so this shouldn't be an issue.

2. In matches, do defenders stop randomly kicking the ball out of bounds when they have plenty of space and open teammates by them in the new patch?

I'll answer 2 as Neji hasn't.

Quite simply its down to your tactics, you need to figure out what causes them to do it.

I'll answer 2 as Neji hasn't.

Quite simply its down to your tactics, you need to figure out what causes them to do it.

Why does everyone exagerate with the damn tactics? When world class players, under no pressure at all, with teammates moving around freely, decide to just kick the ball away for a corner it's just stupid.

Or when the players who are closer to the ball decide to stand still instead of chasing forcing teammates who are 50 yards away to make a run for it...

Why does everyone exagerate with the damn tactics? When world class players, under no pressure at all, with teammates moving around freely, decide to just kick the ball away for a corner it's just stupid.

Because thats what it is along with a little input from their personality/attributes. Rather than blaming the game make an effort to understand why its happening and adjust for it.

I'll also point out my players rarely do it.

Or when the players who are closer to the ball decide to stand still instead of chasing forcing teammates who are 50 yards away to make a run for it...

I suspect this is partly down to the ME & the way graphics interpret it.

Because thats what it is along with a little input from their personality/attributes. Rather than blaming the game make an effort to understand why its happening and adjust for it.

I'll also point out my players rarely do it.

So I guess my players have no brain? Or just no common sense? This thing of making an effort everytime something in the game isn't working very well...

I suspect this is partly down to the ME & the way graphics interpret it.
If so wouldn't it still need fixing?

This is what I hate. People look the other way and certain stuff doesn't get fixed.

There are plenty of stuff that people just look away, from the favoured personnel stuff, to the transfers, and these end up not getting fixed...

That's the thing. I think FM is by far the best around, yet it has its flaws... But people seem to prefer not getting them fixed.

So I guess my players have no brain? Or just no common sense? This thing of making an effort everytime something in the game isn't working very well...

Correct, your players don't have a brain or common sense.

Once you get past that you'll understand that they are a computer animation and only follow the orders you give them. They can't think for themselves!

If so wouldn't it still need fixing?

This is what I hate. People look the other way and certain stuff doesn't get fixed.

There are plenty of stuff that people just look away, from the favoured personnel stuff, to the transfers, and these end up not getting fixed...

That's the thing. I think FM is by far the best around, yet it has its flaws... But people seem to prefer not getting them fixed.

I wouldn't say it doesn't get fixed, it happens less now than what it did in previous versions but it hasn't been cut out completely. I would expect it to be improved again in FM11.

Correct, your players don't have a brain or common sense.

Once you get past that you'll understand that they are a computer animation and only follow the orders you give them. They can't think for themselves!

QUOTE]

Well, seeing as how I use, for the most part, default tactics, what tactics should I use to keep these at a minimal?

Well, seeing as how I use, for the most part, default tactics, what tactics should I use to keep these at a minimal?

By default I presume you mean the tactics creator in which case its slightly easier as you don't have to fiddle with sliders.

Aim for a good balance of players on "defend", "support" & "attack" for a start.

In a typical 4-4-2 this would mean something like:

DCs - Defend

Fullbacks - automatic or support

1*MC - defend

1*MC - support

2*Wingers - attack

1*ST - support

1*ST - attack

But you also need to look at your style of play, start with balanced then after a few matches you can change it to see the difference. Take time to read the different options on the creator and try to match them with the orders you give to the players.

In terms of sliders a player clears the ball when he is limited for time and can't see a pass within the range given to him and within the risk setting you have given him (mentality).

Archived