Do you enjoy playing where you don't know most of the players?

It's infinitely more fun!

Besides, I do get to know them, which might be a very sad thing to say.

I remember most of the regens that come through my academy or those that I sign and make reasonable impacts, including how they played and their attitudes.

I prefer playing in low leagues abroad where I don't know anyone at all, it's a real test. Earlier today I spent about an hour trying to find possible candidates and decide on a target for a cheap pacy striker. Much more fun than just going and signing a name you already know will fit the bill.

I prefer playing in low leagues abroad where I don't know anyone at all, it's a real test. Earlier today I spent about an hour trying to find possible candidates and decide on a target for a cheap pacy striker. Much more fun than just going and signing a name you already know will fit the bill.

Yeah same with me...if you're manager of some San Marino team it's like playing with regens cause you don't any of the players in your team or who you're signing...I never manage big teams anymore, not as fun.

I definitely love playing with the newgens. The thrill of finding a relative unknown who becomes a club hit; the fact that some go on to be just as, if not more, impressive than today's stars; and the fact that those newgens and their careers are 100% unique to my gameworld make long term games appealing.

Newgens are the game imo, the first 10 seasons is a warmup. :p

Getting the club builded up to a maximum, then you start to get your own stars... the club gets history, and the exspectation gets out of proportions, then you know if your cut for the game, or starts crying and starts a new game with real to get the confidence back. :p

However, to quicken the process I useually just rotate as many as I can. It takes around 5 seasons, then it's all good, with a decent club that is, Man City took 2 seasons to build up and a tripple in the 3rd ( won a FA in the first, and a League cup in the 2nd. ). I'm in the 4th season now, and I'm not sure if I'm already borred with it. It's fun to see how much money you can get out, it's my first run evah with this silly club, but I'm not a fan of UK in general, run run run, spray and pray. And when they run out of energy Bayern laughs and win. :p

I'm gonna change that though ;)

for some reason i enjoy the game more when I know the players are real and even more when I have a picture of them. Sometimes when I buy a current but obscure player, I will scour the internet for pictures of them to put in the game. it's more personal, i guess. something about the regens leaves me cold.

I would kill for SI to give us a feature that starts the game with all regens (not the silly "Use real players" feature that simply randomises the names), so we know absolutely nothing about the world (maybe give us scouting reports to start off with, like who the Lionel Messis of this fake world are).

I think it's most fun with a mixture of mostly regens but old real players, as it gives you some form of connection to reality (i.e. you can follow the career of Jack Wilshere and perhaps find some way of integrating a 36-year-old Jack Wilshere into your team). Then it gets a little worse as they retire, as you lose the connection and you really are in a fake world, but you quickly get used to it.

The game is probably least fun when the first few regens come out because it sort of lacks realism, until you get used to it and accept that reality has changed.

On a scale from 1-10 for fun:

Beginning: 5

Early-on: 3

Approaching the end of all real careers: 9

All real players retire as players: 8

From then on: Rises to 10

At least that's what it felt like to me. I was gutted when my last real player retired (Alessio Cerci) as he didn't have a silly newgen picture and didn't look fake.

much better with players you don't know. In 2035 with Braintree in the prem, i have players who i've grown very attached to and wanna keep them in the squad. Something about having a player from the age of 16 and he retires at 35 and becomes a coach for your club.

Archived