Update 3 - available NOW from the iTunes store

Hi everyone,

Update 3 for FMH on the iPhone/iPod Touch is now available from the iTunes store. If you already own FMHi 2010 then this is a FREE download which will automatically update and improve your gameplay experience (and is fully save game compatible). If you are purchasing FMHi 2010 for the first time then your purchase will automatically include this update.

Whats in the update? ..

- New team formation/selection/substitution screen available on the squad and tactics pages before and during games (with improvements to drag & drop);

image1qt.png

- New attribute filter option for player searches;

image2iw.png

image3o.png

...as well as a healthy does of minor improvements and bug-fixes to issues brought up on these here forums, the most of notable of them being;

- Ensure South American nations qualify correctly for future World Cups

- Added clear shortlist button

- Made values on transfer budget and budget adjustment pages match

- Prevent wage budget adjustments from taking the club below their present wage total

- Ensure that wage budgets are displayed more accurately on Club Info page

- Tweaked Scottish wages (inc. sugar daddy)

- Tweaked Portuguese wages (inc. sugar daddy)

PS

Come on England!

• SI Staff

Hi,

As you hopefully can tell from the details posted above - we've been listening intently to all feedback and hope you all enjoy this final update for FMH2010 iPhone.

As always once this is out in the wild we'll be listening to feedback and looking to further improve the game going forward as we look to develop FMH 2011 iPhone.

Have Fun,

Marc

• SI Staff
That new tactics/formation screen looks awesome, looking forward to it.

Quick question - by the sounds of it, there will defo be an FMH11 on the iPod/iPhone, is this the case? And will it still run on the slightly older devices? Cheers :)

There will be an FMH2011 but there aren't any details or a release date for it at present (I'm afraid you'll have to wait for official announcements for such things).

I WILL be doing my utmost to ensure that everyone with an iPod/iTouch can continue to enjoy playing the game - not least because my devices aren't particularly new ;)

That new tactics/formation screen looks awesome, looking forward to it.

Quick question - by the sounds of it, there will defo be an FMH11 on the iPod/iPhone, is this the case? And will it still run on the slightly older devices? Cheers :)

Yeah, the current system is clunky compared to other manager games.

• SI Staff
Yeah, the current system is clunky compared to other manager games.

Let me know what you think to the new system once you've got the update - I think its much easier, the larger pitch makes dragging and dropping on it much easier to do and also the feedback on positional suitability helps you spot if you accidentally place someone in the wrong role etc.

(as well as the 'drag drop' method you can still pick by clicking and going to the position selection page if you prefer that system incidentally)

I also think being able to quickly switch formations on that page should help people find things easier to use, but obviously - let us know what you think and any other items you might want tweaking ... I want to make this the best game possible and all the feedback I get helps make sure I'm heading in the right direction.

I WILL be doing my utmost to ensure that everyone with an iPod/iTouch can continue to enjoy playing the game - not least because my devices aren't particularly new ;)

Or you could just develop it to run better on the iPhone 3GS at the expense of cheapskates playing on iPods? ;)

Hi,

As you hopefully can tell from the details posted above - we've been listening intently to all feedback and hope you all enjoy this final update for FMH2010 iPhone.

As always once this is out in the wild we'll be listening to feedback and looking to further improve the game going forward as we look to develop FMH 2011 iPhone.

Have Fun,

Marc

Final update? didnt you previously mention a possible data update after the summer?

Or you could just develop it to run better on the iPhone 3GS at the expense of cheapskates playing on iPods? ;)

Whats point in paying over £350 for an iphone when u can get an iTouch for £150 and still have a phone as well which overall may match the iphone price.

• SI Staff
Final update? didnt you previously mention a possible data update after the summer?

Final update as in features/bug fixes .. with regards to future data updates, thats not something I'll personally decide and I don't know if one will happen or not at present I'm afraid.

• SI Staff
Whats point in paying over £350 for an iphone when u can get an iTouch for £150 and still have a phone as well which overall may match the iphone price.

Depends what you're after - if you want a phone then the iPhone is great imho, but if you just want something for games music and already have a phone you like then the iTouch is somewhat cheaper obviously ... horses for courses really ..

Depends what you're after - if you want a phone then the iPhone is great imho, but if you just want something for games music and already have a phone you like then the iTouch is somewhat cheaper obviously ... horses for courses really ..

Id rather have the ipod touch and a different cheaper phone for texting and calling :) therfore saving over £100 and spend that on sumat else

Id rather have the ipod touch and a different cheaper phone for texting and calling :) therfore saving over £100 and spend that on sumat else

Or even better, an ipod touch and a blackberry which your work pays for ;)

• SI Staff
Is it fully compatible with iOS 4?

Yes it should be - I ran it up with iOS4 quickly yesterday when I updated my personal phone also and didn't notice any issues.

PS - This means compatible as in 'it works' - not as in it uses features from ...

Yes it should be - I ran it up with iOS4 quickly yesterday when I updated my personal phone also and didn't notice any issues.

Brilliant - Thanks Marc

PS - This means compatible as in 'it works' - not as in it uses features from ...

Understood ;)

• SI Staff
is there going to be an update such as many other games/apps have done that allow use of ios4's multitasking or will this be just for FMi2011

Update 3 is planned at being the final update for FMHi2011, that will operate fine on iOS4 but there are no plans for subsequent updates incorporating iOS4 features - tbh I need to start on FMH2011 soon or there simply won't be one, simple as that.

(and yes I do hope to integrate such functionality into FMHi 2011 but tbh I haven't looked into that side of things properly yet)

• SI Staff
Marc will the international squad selection will be abit better in the next update?

I haven't changed the international management for update 3 I'm afraid - that requires some major surgery to alter and as such will have to wait until next years version (but I do have some plans in this area).

Final update as in features/bug fixes .. with regards to future data updates, thats not something I'll personally decide and I don't know if one will happen or not at present I'm afraid.

Didn't you say though that any data updates would not be compatible with current save games?

• SI Staff
Didn't you say though that any data updates would not be compatible with current save games?

No - all updates we do will be fully compatible with save games (whether data or just program updates) as per usual.

Ok.

Hey we have a problem here I went to update and it went through the whole downloading and installing bit like normal and completed as well yet it still says my version is 1.4 plus I can confirm that cause the new squad selection screen is not there.

• SI Staff
Now I got 1.5 be advised though it took me four attempted downloads before it worked

Not sure why that would be - the download if entirely Apples end (ie. nothing to do with SI). When it first came out last night I updated both my test accounts successfully from the Apple store without any issues.

I'd be interested to see what your reaction would be if they announced FMHi2011 was only going to be compatible with the new iPhone4 and not your 3gs ;)

Obviously it's not likely to happen. But it would be interesting to gauge your reaction.

• SI Staff
Just launched this on my brandspanking new iPhone4. Its soooooooooooooooo fast!

Just so you know I've a special support offer for anyone with an iPhone4 at present - if you have ANY issues in the game then send your phone to me and I'll look into them for you personally, it might take a while .... several months, possibly a year - but I'll be looking into them honest ;)

Just kidding :D

PS - Nah I'm not jealous .... much ;)

Hi Marc

One thing that I spotted...A few of the players that I've signed in the last season or 2 say that they 'have a strained relationship with Gerlla'

I sold Mike Grella five seasons ago so why would this appear?!

Great update though, thanks.

One thing, I bought the game when it came out - I've updated to the latest version v1.5 - in my current game which I started on the first released, will I be benefitting from all of the improvements? I remember you saying that the larger player database only takes effect when you start a new game?

• SI Staff
I sold Mike Grella five seasons ago so why would this appear?!

I'll check into this - I expect its just that I forgot to put a check onto things to ensure that they only display relationships which are presently 'relevant' ... although it might be useful as a warning say you were considering resigning him ... hmmmm ...

PS - Yeah database updates/size changes only happen in new games if you update.

Archived