Upset players on leave.

I am doing a journeyman save, and have been at deGraafschaap for a few years. I signed a brazilian RB named Coelho who immediately became homesick. Fine I send him home for a bit, but halfway though his paid vacation he tells the media he wants to leave because he's not in the first team.

Well it's kinda hard to put you in the first team when your sipping pina-coladas in Sao Paulo!

I've had two recent experiences with this.

One player I repeatedly sent home. He never adapted and I eventually sold him after two years.

One player I ignored. Left him in my reserves for a year - he was 19 and listed as a Hot Prospect so playing time really wasn't an issue - and after a year I get the message that he had resolved his issue and was now OK in the area.

Small sample size, but from now on I'm probably not going to send players on leave.

This does appear to be a known issue and is frustrating.

I normally continue to use the player as normal in my squad and find that over time he settles down.

Had this happen to me a couple of times, depending on what mood i'm in sometimes i let them head home, or sometimes i force them to rot in the reserves. Strangely enough, rotting in the reserves does the trick, but either way it usually annoys me enough to sell them. lol.

Archived