PC Finances a bit dodgy?

I bet when you look at the wages for those clubs, they're amongst the highest in the Championship. In reality, those clubs would see 'parachute' payments to help them adjust to the Championship level finances, i'm not 100% sure, but i don't beleive these exist in FM. They're still paying Premier League wages, but with far less TV Money, less Gate Receipts and less Season Tickets sold.

The AI just doesn't have the intelligence to adjust it's financial future for life in the Championship :(

i thought the parachute payments were there? When playing with Notts County in my first season. Newcastle got promotion back to the premiership so a message came up saying their parachute payment would be shared amongst the whole of the rest of the football league clubs instead

i thought the parachute payments were there? When playing with Notts County in my first season. Newcastle got promotion back to the premiership so a message came up saying their parachute payment would be shared amongst the whole of the rest of the football league clubs instead

Wasn't sure if they existed or not, but thanks for clearing that up :thup:

thats crazy, im in 2015 and the only club in trouble are wigan who are now down in league one after a points deduction.

i remember reading a thread a few months back where Blackburn were in the BSN on someones game due to constantly going into administration.

Sunderland can spend big, but if their owner pulls the plug could find themselves in that situation. Wigan are bankrolled by Dave Whelan and when he pulls the plug if there isn't another owner who is willing to take them on would be in that situation. A lot of premiership clubs are actually in a very precarious situation right now. As the gap between the premiership and championship continues to grow, so does the the weight of the burden relegation puts on teams. Why do you think people like Gartside at Bolton are so desperate to have the premiership relegation free. Newcastle didn't offload last season and they were losing money like there was no tomorrow. Only reason Mike Ashley footed it was because of how much he'd lose if Newcastle went into administration.

I think most of what you're seeing is related to this

Two of those clubs are pretty much in that situation now after relegation so maybe it isn't too unrealistic.

If a club spends money it doesn't have and gambles that they'll stay up (and then doesn't)... :( I had a long term fm game where Norwich, who were AI managed, overspent in the EPL, got relegated, didn't offload enough players to stay in the black, went into administration and were relegated again the last day of the season. :eek:

On a side note scout those clubs for valuable players/regens. Administrators will accept low low bids :D (Think of it as one of those "everything must go" sales)

That's because after relegation the big Premiership AI clubs still play hard at selling and negotiating transfers,thus meaning that their top owners are there till their contract runs out.

It is a bit ridiculous.

I see the opposite, I see them off load lots of players the moment they are relegated, I have been offered 4 players from the same club in the past. Although they may be players with a relegation release clause, as I did not think to check.

The AI doesn't seem to "panic" enough in this game, but it never really becomes a problem because the AI simply gets a takeover and the debt is largely wiped off. I'd argue that this is just a silver bullet and needs to be less frequent - if there is a takeover, the situation should only get marginally better and the manager still has to fix most of the issues (or the board will do it for them, i.e. sell players).

Archived