Going for a long term save but have questions first.

I just dreamed up a challenge for myself:

starting in the welsh leagues and winning the ECC within twenty or thirty years, not sure if it's possible but I have two questions before I start.

If I do suceed in my goal will I be able to get world class players due to the poor reputation of the league?

And what do you think the possibilty of getting a 65k+ stadium if I achieve this goal or will the leagues reputation once again hold me down?

Thanks guys.

I just dreamed up a challenge for myself:

starting in the welsh leagues and winning the ECC within twenty or thirty years, not sure if it's possible but I have two questions before I start.

If I do suceed in my goal will I be able to get world class players due to the poor reputation of the league?

And what do you think the possibilty of getting a 65k+ stadium if I achieve this goal or will the leagues reputation once again hold me down?

Thanks guys.

I think the league reputations are static so dont think youll ever be able to attract top class players. Would love to be proved wrong as this challenge sounds like fun.

You should Buy young players with potential and sell them once they are older for profit, thats the way to make money in the lower leagues and when u get in the Champions League groups that will pretty much cover you finances for future success :)

As for the stadium, If your successful i have no doubt a new stadium will be built after your current stadium is no longer ale to expand if the finances are right.

Well it is possible to win the Champions League, but you may not have a team full of World Class stars. This thread in the challenges forum is for the smaller European clubs and has about 5 completions so far. None from Wales, but Belgium, Switzerland, Northern Ireland & Norway have all won a Champions League.

I can only speak from my experience at my own club in Portugal where I do struggle to sign the world class stars, I only have one player who has ever made the World Team of the Year, but I do have two Goalkeepers who have won the European Goalkeeper of the year. I started at the bottom of the 2nd Division and worked my way to the top over 18 seasons.

I wish you the best of luck bringing a team from the bottom is a lot of fun.

As for the Stadium, my current Stadium is still 15000 (4250 seated) which means only 4250 for Champs League games, but in June I will have completed "Tiny Stadium" named after myself to play in with 27000 seats, hoping to start filling this and seeing if I can build even bigger...

Archived