change tactics or not???

i have just won the league im in, 8 points clear with 2 games to go in season 1 (not saying who iam as i want people to keep open minded on replying). we were inconsistent upto xmas but just 1 defeat since then has seen us cruise ahead. we are also in the domestic cup final and reached the euro cup q/finals.

now its decision time about who to keep next season and what areas to improve. and heres the problem. i have mainly played 5-2-3 formation. defence is great, 27 conceded in the league this season. but we have only scored 52 and certainly we have sometimes found it difficult to break teams down and only won by a close margin.

so what would you do? stick with the tactics that win you titles or try and play a bit more adventurous, i.e try and win by playing football??

Well here's my method. (it's not an advice just how i do things)

First I look at my squad which areas am I covered. Do I have a good goalkeeper, defenders (I usually play with 4 defenders) if I have come across some good defenders whom I will sign in July, I decide upon the faith of the rest compared on stats and performances.

Midfield area, now this part is becoming more tricky, currently I'm using 1 DM and 3 MC a packed midfield. My scouts did recomend me a very good AMR, but I built my squad around my strengths so sold all rubbish wingers, if I would sign him he would be a surplus to my squad as on the left side I don't have any decent AML, so no tactic change, no AMR. If come july I can sell a couple of MC and get good wide midfielders than I would change my setup.

If I have a balanced squad, then everything depends on the players I can get (usually I play 4-4-2). I always focus on my best player and build a tactic around him.

Keep in mind a good tactic needs good players. So if you can sign very good players for certain position they might play better in a formation suiting their abilities after they settled in.

Archived