Does thisgame have a good business side? (New player)

Hi, I used to play a game, I think called Ultimate soccer manager or something like that, it was awsome. One thing I liked was that the business or money side was a big part of the game. You could build and add-on to your stadium, you set the ticket prices, and got sponsors, and stuff like that. I am wondering if this game has a lot of this type of stuff. I like soccer obviously, but am not hard core into stats and stuff. I kind of like a "sim city" type of game where you build your club up, kind of like a roleplaying game where you take a low division team to the premiership. Can someone please give me a heads up if this is the game I am looking for, or is there another game that might be better for me? Thanks.

P.S. I have never played a soccer manager game of any sort in the last 10 years, so I have no clue what the differences between all the different types of games are. Thanks.

That happens in this game although, you as the manager cannot control it. The board do. You are responsible for managing the team, tactics and transfers. You can request things to the board like a stadium expansion though but they may just reject your request.

I think FIFA Manager gives you more control over the aspects you mentioned if that is what you want.

Not going to find what your looking for in this game fella, as a lot of people will proble tell you it's called football manager for a reason. I'm not 100% sure but maybe give EA Fifa Manager a try i think that has more of the options you wish for.

Football Manager 2010 is a simulation of what a football manager does. IMO it is the best there is at that. It doesn't let you do things a manager in real life doesn't do like decide the costs of pies, sponsorship deals and stadium expansions. They aren't in the remit of a football manager, more for the commercial manager/chairman/CEO/stadium manager etc.

It sounds like you are looking for a game like FIFA Manager 2010.

However - what it might be worth you doing is playing the free demo's of each game and deciding yourself.

Here is the Football Manager 2010 demo...

http://www.footballmanager.com/index.php?p=demo

or

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=153770

Compare it to the FIFA Manager demo on EA's website and decide which you prefer. Both demo's are free to download.

Thanks for the info. The reviews I read about FIFA were not that great, said there was a lot of bugs, but I will try the demo. In Football manager, is there any dealing with money? thanks

I played FIFA Manager 06, 08, and 09 before I switched to Football Manager 09 and 10.

Here's my conclusions:

FIFA Manager has a lot on the business side, and that aspect is pretty fun. It also has better graphics and looks and sounds better overall. However, I found it too easy, there aren't as many players in it, the regen players SUCK and don't develop well, and it is much less realistic. The biggest downside to FIFAM is that the community isn't as vibrant and a large portion of it is made up of German-speakers, and EA is absolutely terrible at customer service in the game.

When I switched to Football Manager, I liked the increased realism and the greater depth of the game, however, the learning curve is a bit higher on FM than FIFAM (although maybe not quite as much with FM10 as FM09). I almost gave up on the game before figuring it out- now I wouldn't even think about going back to FIFA Manager. Football Manager also has lower system requirements than FIFAM.

FIFA Manager may actually be the better option if you're a beginner to these games, but I would suggest downloading both demos and finding out which one you like best.

There are other games - but none are worth anything even if they have more fianancial control. I found teh FIFA manager interface pretty annoying.

I played Ultimate soccer manager ages ago, perhaps a demo. From memory it always crashed so I gave it up.

FM is the only game that you will play for a long period. What you can do, if the actual football mamangement isn't your thing, is get your ass. manager to handle as many things as you can and then play a more financial role, like editing budgets, signing players, selling, board requests, etc. You can put it in holiday mode outside tranfer windows and let it go.

I kind of like a "sim city" type of game where you build your club up, kind of like a roleplaying game where you take a low division team to the premiership

I think that Football Manager is the game you're looking for if you want to do that sort of thing. It's a whole lot more convenient in this game because you get a much larger database than other games, there are many free transfers available (which is great for a lower league club), and you have greater flexibility with your tactics so that your match results don't entirely depend on your players' attributes.

Anyway, I made the move to Football Manager just a few weeks ago from FIFA Manager. What I didn't like about FIFA Manager was that it was very, very buggy, and that the AI SUCKS - My players would make the stupidest mistakes ever. Also, like ArranoBeltza said, there aren't really many players in it. The large database of players and staff in Football Manager really won me over.

Archived