Nooby with Nooby questions

Hello everyone, first I'm new to this amazing game, I had many questions but thanks this forum and other fans' website I found the answers of all my questions except few and I apologize if it's been asked before:

1.How can I raise players potential stars? I've noticed that some of my players' potential stars goes up and sometimes goes down when I check it from time to time *of course with my Coach of 20 potential ability*.

2.Do my young players *from Youth team or reserve team* gain experience or raising their attribute faster when I let them play few minutes in my first team?

3.What is better, having few good coaches or a combining of good coaches + average ones to maximum number of coaches?

Thanks in advance :)

1) The stars arent 100% accurate. Also, as the general quality of your team increases, a player who is not getting better will show less stars, conversely, if your team is getting worse and your player is standing still, his stars might go up because as a whole, hes better than the rest of your team.

2) Depends on the player, some will, some wont. Some like pressure, some dont.

3) not sure anyone knows...

Hello everyone, first I'm new to this amazing game, I had many questions but thanks this forum and other fans' website I found the answers of all my questions except few and I apologize if it's been asked before:

1.How can I raise players potential stars? I've noticed that some of my players' potential stars goes up and sometimes goes down when I check it from time to time *of course with my Coach of 20 potential ability*.

2.Do my young players *from Youth team or reserve team* gain experience or raising their attribute faster when I let them play few minutes in my first team?

3.What is better, having few good coaches or a combining of good coaches + average ones to maximum number of coaches?

Thanks in advance :)

Coaches determine the players 'potential' by looking at their 'Current Ability', their age and a couple of other factors and then forming their 'Potential Ability' on that. They cannot 'see' the players potential ability value. As a result, potential ability has a habit of being 'incorrectly' reported by the Coaches.

As an example: a 16 year old with a CA (Current Ability) value of 130, would probably receive around a 4-5 star 'Potential Rating' at most clubs. If he's already at 130 aged 16, theres a good chance he could go onto be a world class star! The coach has looked at his CA, his age and then 'extrapolated' that and judged him as a potential world-class star.

But wait! What if his PA (Potential Ability) value was actually 140? This kid will peak by the time he's 18, he simply won't get any better. The older he gets, the less PA stars he will receive from the Coaches. When he's at the peak of his career aged 28, his CA will be at it's max of 140 and your Coach will most likely give him maybe 2 stars if he's playing for a high-level team.

All this means that the PA stars move about quite a bit :D

Also bare in mind that players stars also relate to the reputation of your club. Someone who's brilliant for a League 1 club, will not be for a Premier League club and as a result his stars will change accordingly. Everything is relative :D

Onto your other points, exposure to first team football is good for youth players, but not vital early on. It's important that you get them tutored to raise their hidden attributes; Professionalism, Ambition and Determination.

cant be bothered to read about the stars there but what i have noticed if you build a amazing sqaud and scout someone and it will say fairly good they will be really good still, if there young chance they will turn into a top player but look at what you want from them and there stats and how they have been playing in past season and sign them up, plenty of palyers were my scouts say there useless and there not

Thanks for your answers, it was too helpful :)

No problem :thup:

I've been playing FM (and the original CM) since 1999 and i'm still learning new things every year!.

SI generally don't reveal the 'ins and outs' of FM, what really happens 'under the bonnet' so to speak, so it's quite fun finding out how things work without looking at the code that makes the game what it is.

I might add the star ratings of players depends on the expectations you select at the start of the season.

So if you expect to win EPL, player A goes down the 2 stars because he is regarded as under the quality of winniong EPL but if you selected avoid relegation, players stars go up to maybe 4 because he is much better than required to just avoid relegation.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not really a fond of creating Topics with every question comes to mind, so I have another question and hope it would be the last ;).

It's about managing the National team while you're already a manager of a club, from what I read here that it's possible, I've applied for National teams like England, Italy and Germany, but they signed with other Managers, of course I'm not here to whine about it since I was excepting it, but I'm wondering what are the requirements to be a national team manager?? because these managers weren't as good as me, for example Germany signed Schaff, in my three seasons he was sacked by Bremen since he didn't win anything with them then sacked again by Juventus for the same reason, comparing to me, I've won the EPL three times with Man U, won the cup once + being Runner up twice, won the UCL once, have been choosed the manager of the year three times, in my profile my reputation is "World Class"

Also I've been asked to manage Germany U21, is it wise to accept it?

I'm not really a fond of creating Topics with every question comes to mind, so I have another question and hope it would be the last ;).

It's about managing the National team while you're already a manager of a club, from what I read here that it's possible, I've applied for National teams like England, Italy and Germany, but they signed with other Managers, of course I'm not here to whine about it since I was excepting it, but I'm wondering what are the requirements to be a national team manager?? because these managers weren't as good as me, for example Germany signed Schaff, in my three seasons he was sacked by Bremen since he didn't win anything with them then sacked again by Juventus for the same reason, comparing to me, I've won the EPL three times with Man U, won the cup once + being Runner up twice, won the UCL once, have been choosed the manager of the year three times, in my profile my reputation is "World Class"

Also I've been asked to manage Germany U21, is it wise to accept it?

There is a debate over what the requirements are, as there seems to be problems getting international jobs for a lot of people. They are being rejected in favour of lesser known managers. It has been brought up in the bugs forum and is being looked into.

It is up to you really if you want to manage Germany U21's. If I felt like an international job and could not get any better then I'd take it.

There also seems to be a bias to hiring international managers of the same nationality as the team. There was a thread on that a few days back.

So your best hope is to get in through the U21 route, this was the only way I could get hired as England manager on my long term game.

Being a U21 manager is also very difficult as you don't have any scouts available to the international team at U21. I had to rely heavily on my club scouts to find me prospects. It did mean I ended up with a totally awesome all English team at my club side eventually, with 8 of the starting 11 England international team players being from my club in 2019.

It does seem quite easier to get a job at 'lesser' nations though, e.g. half a season with Newcastle in the Championship and Ivory Coast took me on (and they didn't sack me after an under-par performance in the World Cup), then a disasterous second season in which i almost went down was good enough to land me the Greece job (which I'm keeping, forever). So if you want to take a middle-of-the-road team you should be OK.

I might do this if I'm too desperate to manage a team for World Cup, maybe managing them to go far will higher the chances to get offers from high quality teams, I'm also thinking about adding new manager for a national team, guess it's fun to have two personalities :D

Archived