Changing iPhones...

• SI Staff

At the moment I'm afraid there isn't a system for transferring save games between iPhones sorry, it is something I'll be looking into (as Dec mentioned) for next years version).

• SI Staff
im pretty sure your correct there. when i moved from ipod touch to iphone all my games had the save games on them.

Just to check (as I have to admit I've never done it myself) - does that restore an OS version as well as the data though? (as with the iPhone4 it'll have a different OS and I'm not sure 'restoring' an OS prior to the one it comes with would work (or be safe?).

Just to check (as I have to admit I've never done it myself) - does that restore an OS version as well as the data though? (as with the iPhone4 it'll have a different OS and I'm not sure 'restoring' an OS prior to the one it comes with would work (or be safe?).

i doubt it as when you upgrade to a dev build like ios4GM you have to restore to get to that, and my saves got restored with the backup

erm? lol.........all i know is when i synced and then backed up my original ipod touch all the games kept they state they were in on my phone. im talking save games and hiscores. im not sure why the football manager app would work any differently.

• SI Staff
erm? lol.........all i know is when i synced and then backed up my original ipod touch all the games kept they state they were in on my phone. im talking save games and hiscores. im not sure why the football manager app would work any differently.

FMH shouldn't be any different tbh, my main concern is to err on the side of caution with such things just in case it causes users problems. At some point I'll try and make sure someone here tries doing this so we can indicate definitely for certain that it'll be ok on the new iPhone (obviously the last thing I want it to risk messing up someones device or programs).

So basically if you try this at the moment its at your own risk because we haven't looked into this side of things ...

• Administrators

Marc, Redgy Regan, all:

The solution (the one that seems most obvious to me, looking at how iTunes work with iOS devices) is to utilise the file sharing option under iTunes, so we can transfer save games to computer, etc. As for how it works currently, restoring from backup is indeed the way we do it currently...

The file sharing option could feasibly be a future way for an "editor" (being able to transfer editor files to and from the device).

But then,I'm no programmer - a lot harder than it sounds, I imagine, but I can't think I'm far off. Must be possible.... ;)

Just some thoughts :)

Archived