If it ain't broke, then why fix it ? Just add to it.

Reading posts from different threads, about what this version had and what that version had, it seems that nice touches which were generally well liked by us, eg player punch ups, polls for 1st team football, players agents contacting teams, goals of the month etc etc etc seem to get taken out. Why ?

If the code is already there, shown to be working well without a hiccup, and is enjoyed by fans as a nice touch to the game, then why fix it by taking it out ?

It seems that every release is 2 steps forward but 1 step back.

Can't we just have all that 'fluff' kept in please and just the db and ME updated plus other 'fluff' added as it becomes apparent it would be a nice touch, eg counting the number of come from behind victories, counting the least points, goals scored/conceded in a season as a record etc etc

Polls for 1st team football are still there and so are goals of the month.

Well they (gom) must just be in the higher leagues then, as I've never seen them yet.

And the pools for 1st team footie are v rare it seems too, never seen one of those on fm 2010 yet either, irl players would complain about a lack of footie a lot more than they seem to do in game

Not every league has a gotm competition I assume (Germany doesn't have a manager of the month competition).

Or,if none of your players has placed in the GOTM comp, it won't come up in your inbox - only on your news subscriptions, so you might just have been missing them.

And the polls only really come up when a player complains and you tell them to shut up. If you're managing well, you shouldn't be seeing them arise.

A lot of people didn't like the agents contacting you - seeing it as yet more clutter for the inbox, since the players were often not that good, they'd just had one good game. Seeing the feature crop up after major international tournaments might be nice, but not too often: it gets tedious.

And given the relatively low number of animations in the ME, I'd rather they didn't start programming realistic punch-ups when wingers still can't do tricks, and keepers only have about 5 dives.

I do kind of agree with your general point, though: the fluff is underrated. It's what makes each career such fun. I'm personally hoping for player biographies to turn into something a little more expansive, and easy to save (why can't you at least save that page as a note?). Hopefully some of your pet faves will make it back in.

Fluff is fine, but fluff shouldn't get ahead of very basic issues which haven't been addressed or resolved yet.

Before having more "nice touches" added, brought back or refined, I want the following to be taken care of in a satisfying way:

* Speficic sub-roles

* Newgens' quality AND balance

* AI transfers and youth development

* Clubs/Leagues' reputation

* Players/media/managers interaction

* Realistic managers' transfers

THEN, when all or most of that has been worked out well, let's just go crazy with all the interesting suggestions and additions...

Otherwise it'd just be like putting makeup and a Cavalli dress on an ugly and aging tramp... ;)

Archived