MoM is a complete joke

Just beat a team 4-2, their 2 goals were from headers by the same man who are the only headers he wins all game (they weren't even contested, so they weren't even key headers). He makes no key passes, no runs, no nothing. So in effect, his entire contribution to the game was just heading the ball twice.

My goals were all from different players, one of whom also had an assist, a key header, and 2 key passes, and generally I played their team off the park. Yet the guy who won 2 uncontested headers gets MoM.

WTF ??? :thdn::thdn:

Isn't the job of strikers to score goals? So if he scored 2 goals in a match that's a job well done imho.

When they are gimmes ? It's not as if he has made any sort of all around contribution.

At that rate, in theory I could win 13-2, each man getting a goal and an assist, but yet a guy scoring 2 gimmes will still get MoM. Like I said, a joke.

irl they nearly always give mom to who ever scored... so he by him getting it done well

I once saw Clive Mendonca score a hat trick for Charlton in the prem, he didnt even get a rating of 7, 2 gimme's and 1 pen.

speople you do worry and fret over the smallest things, who cares who gets MoM, You won the game, Im guessing a few of your players got good ratings, does it matter who it picked as best?

and thats 1 game, to say something is a complete joke and not be a drama queen you need to have examples of it doing it in say at least 15 out of 20 games.

When they are gimmes ? It's not as if he has made any sort of all around contribution.

At that rate, in theory I could win 13-2, each man getting a goal and an assist, but yet a guy scoring 2 gimmes will still get MoM. Like I said, a joke.

That wouldnt be the case. If you won by ten im sure half of your players would get ratings over 9 while the guy who scored twice would be luck to get over 8.

speople, it looks like you have complained about everything in the game that doesn't suit you, and now you are clutching at straws.

He's not grabbing at straws. A lot of times I've seen this happen in my games.

I had a game where villa scored a hattrick and all of them were sitters. Anderson got all the assists for villa's goals and even score 1 himself. Villa ended up with a rating that was like 0.1 or 0.2 higher than Anderson and thus ended up with man of the match even though Anderson had the game of his life.

Manager of the month is a joke too, a manager of QPR or Norwich can win 4 games including 2 against Man U and Liverpool but the Man City manager will beat him if he wins all 4 against the bottom 4 but has a better GD.

Yup, have seen this 4 months in a row in the BSN. Won every game, and it never gave me Manager of the month either.

He's not grabbing at straws. A lot of times I've seen this happen in my games.

I had a game where villa scored a hattrick and all of them were sitters. Anderson got all the assists for villa's goals and even score 1 himself. Villa ended up with a rating that was like 0.1 or 0.2 higher than Anderson and thus ended up with man of the match even though Anderson had the game of his life.

My point is that this is pretty irrelevant. Who cares about MoM awards really?

Yup, have seen this 4 months in a row in the BSN. Won every game, and it never gave me Manager of the month either.

Its as simple as it being down to number of points a followed by GD, the game doesnt take into account who you are or how difficult your games were.

It would be doubly annoying if MOTM has an influence on your management reputation. Just look at Hodgson, gets to a Euro final and is wanted by Inter. Do that in FM even with an Ipswich or Burnley and you dont get much of a reputation boost and theres no way youd get MOTY, whoever won the prem would get it.

Did anyone see Bendtner's hattrick against Porto? It was a shoddy selection of rebounds and unmarked tap-ins, reaping the rewards from others good work - and he still found the time to miss good chances. But the papers the next day were full of "Bendtner proves his doubters wrong." etc.

I don't want MoM to pick out the best player every time, because IRL the papers, awards judges and fans (the 3 areas that depend on match ratings in FM) get easily distracted by someone netting a few goals, even when there's better play elsewhere.

It's why strikers from the big Eredivisie teams (Afonso Alves anyone?) can draw big money just by the shine of their goals ratio.

Goals in general are an overrated statistic I would think, if one wants to get all "moneyball" about it. If you look at some of the football stat analysers, like Fink Tank, and the Castrol rankings, they look at things like how team goal difference improves with a certain player on the pitch (some players detract from defence more than they contribute to the attack) and other such things.

But football fans are simple folk, and we like to count goals.

Maybe goals are overrated in FM, but goals win matches. It doesn't matter whether it's a Ronaldo wonder-goal or a Gelson Fernandes bundle-over-the-line-goal, it still only counts as one goal, and could decide the match.

My point is that this is pretty irrelevant. Who cares about MoM awards really?

I feel the same way sometimes. As long as you do well at the end by the season why should something so insignificant to your overall result matter to you so much?

Archived