SI READ. Agents Contacting You.

would you like to see more contact of agents and other managers  

139 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see more contact of agents and other managers

• yes
    • no

I remember on FM O7 i think james scowcroft agent contacting me showing the match of him scoreing four goals for ipswich when i was chelsea manager thats the only time it happened to me.was it only on fm 07 maybe wrong.does anyone have it happen to them and i think they should put more things in like that because it make it more fun and believeable.stuff like good non league players wanting a trial . or a players agent from another league like portugal ie cardozo agents trying to get him to real madrid after him scoring 30 gaols or say mancini telling you a johnson should be picked for england or pullis saying shawcross is good enough for england releasing the comment to the media. reply and comment please or any of your ideas you would like to see happen.

yup..i fully agree with yr comments and for me 2007 was more enjoyable regarding news items etc and always informing you of the major competitions fixtures/ results etc without this new broken subscription format.

i remember one press conference with Harry Redknapp complaining about the amount of agents that call him about players so i think that it would be a great idea for that to happen on this game as well, you might find a gem which would be another bonus.

After the whole tevez situation, I'm sure that people will say that this is why they shouldn't be active in the game.

But these things happen in real life so I think they should be added to the game.

I just voted and cleared the post I had ready. D'oh!

But my point was, on FM05 (and a lesser extent FM07 XBox) I was getting loads of videos, and 99% were useless to me, either (relatively) bad players when at a big club or big players when at a small club. I only ever bought one player, an African striker playing in Belgium.

So for me it's too much micro for no return, unless massively different.

On second thoughts, maybe a pool of videos that you can scroll through like YouTube. These would disappear after a month or so.

I remember on FM O7 i think james scowcroft agent contacting me showing the match of him scoreing four goals for ipswich when i was chelsea manager thats the only time it happened to me.was it only on fm 07 maybe wrong.does anyone have it happen to them and i think they should put more things in like that because it make it more fun and believeable.stuff like good non league players wanting a trial . or a players agent from another league like portugal ie cardozo agents trying to get him to real madrid after him scoring 30 gaols or say mancini telling you a johnson should be picked for england or pullis saying shawcross is good enough for england releasing the comment to the media. reply and comment please or any of your ideas you would like to see happen.

Capital letters please, thanks.

but every poll goes by ratio

so the majority want it, making it about 1 person in 8 atm that doesn't

figures don't lie

You can make figures lie very easily (I did a statistics minor in college). Remember the qoute of "Lies, damned lies, and statistics" popularised by Mark Twain. 37 votes is nowhere near enough to say that the votes cast are representative of the community as a whole. The reason why I picked 1000 is that it's generally acknowledged that your confidence level of 95% will be relatively small, with 37 it will problably be larger than the sample size!

Does it really matter if capital letters are used or not? it don't make the post any harder to read.

Actually it does make it harder to read. That's why your teachers/lecturers will insist on proper punctuation when submitting essays, come exam time you'll be massively marked down if your answers are hard to read and understand, no matter how good they are. At 300 exams (Leaving cert numbers per corrector) a pop a corrector will not bother with a paper that's badly laid out.

Actually it does make it harder to read. That's why your teachers/lecturers will insist on proper punctuation when submitting essays, come exam time you'll be massively marked down if your answers are hard to read and understand, no matter how good they are. At 300 exams (Leaving cert numbers per corrector) a pop a corrector will not bother with a paper that's badly laid out.

Ahhh I see so thats the reason I've ended up as a Painter and Decorator? ;) I stand corrected then, me personally I find it no different whether the post has capitals or not but each to their own. I do apologise didnt mean to make this into an english lesson!

It was a good inclusion that just needed some tweaking to avoid getting a ton of videos of players that were in no way good enough for your team, nor were they ever going to be. If they got it right I'd be happy to see it back in

After the whole tevez situation, I'm sure that people will say that this is why they shouldn't be active in the game.

But these things happen in real life so I think they should be added to the game.

Hey don't knock the most famous Armenian(-Iranian) agent :D

I agree with the OP. It's a problem that managers deal with and it should be represented.

I haven't voted because you don't have the standard 'sitting on the fence' option ;)

I never once signed a player because of one of those videos, it seemed to be that if a player scored a hattrick, I'd get a video of him even though he would never get anywhere near my team. As stinger said, if it was fixed to actually be useful I'd be happy to have it back. The other problem is that we dont judge players on performance, like a real manager would, we judge on their attributes (mostly).

Archived