Abramovic out of oil?

I've just started the season 2016/17 and noticed after two games, Chelsea are bottom of the table with -6 points, after having been deducted 9 points for going into administration on 26/6/16 and came out again on 10/7/16. I wondered if Abramovic had left, but he's still chairman. Maybe hes lost his millions or doesn't want to pump any more money into the club.

Anyone else ever had this? Do you think its unrealistic, or not?

This seems very unrealistic to me. I couldn't see Abramovic losing all his money in just six years, if anything he'd probably be richer. Even if he did somehow run out of cash, then I'm sure Chelsea would get a new rich chairman before going into administration. But I guess this is football and strange and unexpected things do happen!

November 3, 2008

Abramovich is reported to have lost as much as £12bn from his estimated £23bn fortune, mostly due to the collapse of the Russian stock market which has fallen by 70 per cent since May.

February 16, 2010:

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich was ranked third with richest in Russia with $17 billion, $3.1 billion more than last year.

So it is possible for a change in the global market to effect any one, regardless of how rich they are. If you look at all the figures, most of them speculation, Abramovich is still a down anywhere between £3 and £10 Billion from his peak.

As for some one buying the club, if they brought it before administration they would also inherit the debts. I doubt their are many Chelsea fans rich enough to do that. It is more likely they would let the club go through administration, before buying it as a bargain and looking like a saviour.

At some point, it is my belief that one of the big teams in the premier league is going to go bust, I would rather it was not Man Utd, but they are joint favourites with Liverpool at the moment.

At some point, it is my belief that one of the big teams in the premier league is going to go bust, I would rather it was not Man Utd, but they are joint favourites with Liverpool at the moment.

I'd love if it was Arsenal :) but unlikey as they are one of the few teams that make profit.

Chairman don't have to lose all their money, they can simply stop investing. Simon Jordan at Crystal Palace is a recent example, the various owners at Portsmouth too.

November 3, 2008

Abramovich is reported to have lost as much as £12bn from his estimated £23bn fortune, mostly due to the collapse of the Russian stock market which has fallen by 70 per cent since May.

February 16, 2010:

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich was ranked third with richest in Russia with $17 billion, $3.1 billion more than last year.

So it is possible for a change in the global market to effect any one, regardless of how rich they are. If you look at all the figures, most of them speculation, Abramovich is still a down anywhere between £3 and £10 Billion from his peak.

As for some one buying the club, if they brought it before administration they would also inherit the debts. I doubt their are many Chelsea fans rich enough to do that. It is more likely they would let the club go through administration, before buying it as a bargain and looking like a saviour.

tbh as much as I hate man utd being a derby fan they and liverpool are too big to go bust tbh, same with most clubs in premier league they are just too big now

They really aren't too big to go bust, Liverpool especially there doesn't seem to be too many firmly interested parties there. Another bad season and they would have to sell everyone they could get money for to alleviate the wagebill and to pay off the debts. The only reason they're less likely to get put in administration is that they owe so much, the creditors don't want them going under and getting much less money. As we've seen with Portsmouth, Crystal Palace and other clubs if you start reaching the point where you can't pay taxes etc is when you're in real trouble.

With Liverpools american owners though, if push came to shove and they had to either stump up themselves or put the club in administration. Those 2 would be over at light speed to sign the papers putting them in administration.

Archived