Tottenham, Portsmouth, Defoe Workaround Problem!

I have read the sticky at the top of this section and logged into the data editor to make the change... however I don't see the option of per league appearance so I can change it to after league appearance as it says to do so.

Mine has (5th from bottom) after league goals, and this is set to 50 and pays 1 million. And I have after 5 international games that pays 500k.

So which do I change? I am guessing the goals one but want to ensure I am doing this right as the instructions are not possible to follow.

Thanks for the help.

Darren

I have read the sticky at the top of this section and logged into the data editor to make the change... however I don't see the option of per league appearance so I can change it to after league appearance as it says to do so.

Mine has (5th from bottom) after league goals, and this is set to 50 and pays 1 million. And I have after 5 international games that pays 500k.

So which do I change? I am guessing the goals one but want to ensure I am doing this right as the instructions are not possible to follow.

Thanks for the help.

Darren

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sheer Class:

change the 50 one to after not per league appearnce </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Are you reading my posts...? lol the 50 one is set to AFTER league goals and nothing to do with per league appearance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A.L:

If its already done whats the problem? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Its not already done is it - thats the problem...

In Miles sticky at the top of the section he states:

Change per league appearance to after league appearance.

I don't have anything that states per league appearance that I can change, BUT i also do NOT have anything that is showing after league appearance so thats not in place!!

I do have

- after 50 league GOALS

- after 5 international appearances

So do I

a) have to add another one for after league appearances or

b) change the goals one to appearances

Is anyone following this???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by isuckatfm:

If what you are saying is correct then don't change anything.

Can you post a screenshot of Defoe in your database? I'm wondering if someone fixed it between different versions getting uploaded to wherever they went. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Here is the 2 lines in the database editor for Defoe under portsmouth exactly where Miles said to go:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2420/2265794094_41f6168ab0_b.jpg

Maybe now I am making sense? Also if someone has fixed it then they would have fixed it wrong as it does not reflect what miles said to do!?!?!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A.L:

Its a very minor issue if its after 50 goals or appearances, just leave it and enjoy the game icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Not really minor is it when you think about it... its 1 million quid and he is likely to get 50 appearances quicker than the goals plus the whole point is for it to be right!!

Its only 1m...

Its meant to be 1m after 50 appearances so just change it accordingly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Okay thanks - will change the goals one to that then....

Think Miles needs to put something in the sticky as I will not be the only person who has it wrong and that the work around does not work for.

Thanks again!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

Noonster - Are you using a database that you've downloaded from elsewhere? Or have you maybe edited it already? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Downloaded using the torrent from this site in the thread at the top of this section...

Not changed anything!

- downloaded (as stated)

- Installed

- Opened in editor

Thats all....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sheer Class:

Gonna sound daft but have you saved it and started the new game with the saved db </div></BLOCKQUOTE>All I have done is what I stated above... not done anything else. Had already read about the workaround so went straight to edit that once installed.

Have opened it 3 times (without touching or saving) and its still the same.

Going to download the torrent again and install over the top see if its the same then - its really strange!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fieldsy:

Can I get this right....

If I start a new game with the 8.0.2 but use an old database, this problem will not be an issue...right? It's only if I use the updated database? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's correct.

Re-downloaded

Re-installed

Same Issues

Miles? Can we get a definitive answer from the boss man on this?

If the answer is to change the 1 million after 50 league games to 1 million after 50 league appearances then fine thats what I will do, as its becoming clear thats what is should be. HOWEVER I still feel you should post this in the thread at the top so others (maybe only Mac owners?) can sort it out so its "realistic" and "correct".

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Noonster:

Re-downloaded

Re-installed

Same Issues

Miles? Can we get a definitive answer from the boss man on this?

If the answer is to change the 1 million after 50 league games to 1 million after 50 league appearances then fine thats what I will do, as its becoming clear thats what is should be. HOWEVER I still feel you should post this in the thread at the top so others (maybe only Mac owners?) can sort it out so its "realistic" and "correct".

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Bugger it should read league goals first not league games (typo sorry)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daztomo2k8:

by the way the new patch has it set to £1mil for every game he plays to tottenham from portsmouth for 50 games, just change it from per game to after 50 games, geez lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I am aware of that... however if you read this thread and view the screenshot you will see on my version (the Mac version) this is not the case at all!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Noonster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daztomo2k8:

by the way the new patch has it set to £1mil for every game he plays to tottenham from portsmouth for 50 games, just change it from per game to after 50 games, geez lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I am aware of that... however if you read this thread and view the screenshot you will see on my version (the Mac version) this is not the case at all!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok so does this mean you have sorted it now and changed it to after 50 league games instead of after 50 goals?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by -rudi-:

Are looking at Defoe's contract or Portsmouth finances? It's that latter you need to access, not the first. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Portsmouth finances mate... just as miles stated to do so.

daztomo2k8 - I have changed the goals one to after 50 league appearances yes so I now have

- 1 million after 50 league appearances

- 500k after 50 international appearances

This is how I think it should be, BUT the fact still remains that it needs to be put in the sticky thread that you change GOALS and not as miles has stated. Unless its different for Mac and PC therefore he needs to put both workarounds in there so everyone knows!!

Noonster, instead of having to talk to people with IQ of 50 who are repeating the same WRONG thing, start a new game, and go Portsmouth.

Surely it will say in the finances part of what actually will go to Spurs. In fact, I know it should say.

If it actually does say there that its 1mil per game for the next 50, then you have a funny little issue to try and fix.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GoodIdea:

Noonster, instead of having to talk to people with IQ of 50 who are repeating the same WRONG thing, start a new game, and go Portsmouth.

Surely it will say in the finances part of what actually will go to Spurs. In fact, I know it should say.

If it actually does say there that its 1mil per game for the next 50, then you have a funny little issue to try and fix. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Useless information, and hardly worth the effort

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GoodIdea:

If it actually does say there that its 1mil per game for the next 50, then you have a funny little issue to try and fix. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Useless information, and hardly worth the effort </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its very good information actually. If you are to start a new game with Portsmouth, you can see the finances, and see if the moneys being taken out or not.

Oh, and you are one of those people with the IQ of 50. Everything in your posts are wrong.

by the way the new patch has it set to £1mil for every game he plays to tottenham from portsmouth for 50 games, just change it from per game to after 50 games, geez lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm, spazzy, he doesnt have that problem. He said he knows he should, but he doesnt. geez.

by the way the new patch has it set to £1mil for every game he plays to tottenham from portsmouth for 50 games, just change it from per game to after 50 games, geez lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm, spazzy, he doesnt have that problem. He said he knows he should, but he doesnt. geez. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We got to the bottom of that, he was saying league goals instead of league games which confused us all, quit your immaturity

For your information, You dont need to start a new game to see what finances are being taking out. Fm Editor - Portsmouth - Finances - Contract clauses 2 - Its all there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG, I think you are one of these people with IQ of 40!

Of course you dont have to do that, and yes you can go in to the editor.

BUT, he has done that, and he sees nothing about that problem, so hes at a loss if it exists in his game or not.

So I suggest looking at Portsmouths finances in game, and see if its getting took out.

Erm, spazzy, he doesnt have that problem. He said he knows he should, but he doesnt. geez. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We got to the bottom of that, he was saying league goals instead of league games which confused us all, quit your immaturity </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IQ of 30 now. I dont think Ive ever read anything so stupid in all my time.

Originally posted by daztomo2k8:

For your information, You dont need to start a new game to see what finances are being taking out. Fm Editor - Portsmouth - Finances - Contract clauses 2 - Its all there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG, I think you are one of these people with IQ of 40!QUOTE]

You do know verbal attacks will result in being banned off the forum? we are here to TRY and help and it seams your just here to cause agro

You should read the thread completely before wasting Noonsters time with your stupid posts.

You do know verbal attacks will result in being banned off the forum? we are here to TRY and help and it seams your just here to cause agro </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should read the thread completely before wasting Noonsters time with your stupid posts.

You do know verbal attacks will result in being banned off the forum? we are here to TRY and help and it seams your just here to cause agro </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eng subject, your pathetic and dont realise people are here trying to help out. People like you give these forums the bad reputation

We got to the bottom of that, he was saying league goals instead of league games which confused us all, quit your immaturity </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speak for yourself dude. We can see in the screenshot that he said and meant league goals.

The sticky apparently should only tell users to make sure Defoe's transfer terms say £1M after 50 appearances, and £500k after 5 international appearances. Apparently it's a different error in different versions of the game (which is actually quite bizarre).

Either that or Noonster attempted to fix the error, made the wrong change, forgot he did anything, and then posted about it, and is now too afraid to admit it icon_razz.gif

You see spaztomo, Chas read the whole thread, and got it in one. Why couldnt you do that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's an idea, click X at the top of this page and carry on playing football manager icon_smile.gif

Archived