why is the game so unstable for me???!!!

This is getting ridiculous and is really hampering my enjoyment of the game. I've had this game since sunday, but barely played it then. In total, I've played it ~ 10 hours, and it's already crashed 5 times on me! It's getting to the point where I'm saving everytime before I press continue, as it always freezes on me when it says 'processing' and the bar is about 75% full or so. My game doesn't have a lot of leagues in it, and my computer is definitely good enough to run the game, although I don't know my exact specs. This is getting really, really irritating!!! :(

welcome to fm10......the only thing you can realy do is to download all the latest updates for your video card, motherboard etc etc and set the game to autosave every week this may help a bit but mine still crashes all the time....will be thinking carefully about fm11

Nope, still freezing and well... been waiting 7 minutes so far for it to finish processing. :mad:

It is probably a problem with your RAM.

I have tried fm2010 on 2 machines, one has 2.5 ghz single processor and 500 mb ram and tbh never moved anywhere.

Other machine is 3.2 ghz dual core with 2 gb ram and flies through the season with a v large database and every lg in every country enabled. (Waiting time is approx 1 min or less per game day)

It is probably a problem with your RAM.

I have tried fm2010 on 2 machines, one has 2.5 ghz single processor and 500 mb ram and tbh never moved anywhere.

Other machine is 3.2 ghz dual core with 2 gb ram and flies through the season with a v large database and every lg in every country enabled. (Waiting time is approx 1 min or less per game day)

How do I check how much RAM I have?

EDIT: never mind, found it. 4 GB RAM and 2.5 ghz dual core processor

Have you updated your drivers? If they are not updated fully it can cause problems. Go to the manufacuturer site for each of your CPU, Video Card, Sound card, flash player, operating system (OS) etc.

If you don't know the components you can find them by running DxDiag which you can find at C:\Windows\System32, which should be the same no matter what OS you're operating on a PC.

Or you could try deinstsalling the game and reinstalling.

If on vista, you will also have to delete it from the hidden folder that contains the roaming application files, otherwise it will reinstall with the same parameters

Have you installed the most recent patch for FM10? Can't see that you've mentioned it.

No I haven't (still running 10.0). I tried it once but I must've downloaded the wrong one or something because the game didn't work for me so I had to reinstall the game which took an hour, so I'm content with 10.0, as I don't want to have to mess up and spend another hour without FM2010. ;)

mine freezes when starting a new game, i cant touch the pc till its done doing managers shortlists or else it freezes for 5 mins then jumps to beginning of the new career, and also stops responding a few times when i press continue, will be fine after 5 seconds, im used to it x) it no longer bothers me as it aint a big issue :D

Archived