Players ready to move on...

This is SO annoying...

The team is playing stellar football, dominating the domestic league and reaching at least the 1st Knockout Round in Champions League for 3 years in a row, even taking prestigious wins [1-0 against AC Milan and Chelsea, 5-0 against Celtic and Spartak, 7-1 against Villareal etc], the striker has won the Champions League Golden Boot the year before...

But at least TWICE per season there is the usual round of "___ is ready to move on", where all the best players suddenly feel the urge of leaving for whatever mediocre club comes around...

And while I can accept my (troublemaker) DC wanting to play at Fiorentina, I don't see a good reason for my striker making a scene because Zaragoza are monitoring him, or my fullbacks drooling at the idea of signing for Wolves or Sunderland.

So I'm forced to transfer list them when they refuse the token "stay so we can win" reply, then they get unhappy, play like crap until the good results and the lack of actual offers make them desist...

Isn't that stupid?

Not only a perfectly happy and performing player suddenly wanting to take one or two steps backwards in terms of possible achievements, but he'll just be fine again after a while... Only to start it all over again in some months...

I mean... if a player WANTS to leave and is unhappy, he'll get his wish sooner rather than later, as it's suicide trying to keep him there against his will.

Instead in FM it's just a matter of tolerating a couple of complaints to the media, some sub-par matches and it's all fine again.

How do you deal with players wanting to leave, then wanting to stay, then wanting to leave again?

I think its all too easy in FM to hold on to star players.

In real life if you are a smaller side in a top league, or even a big club in a small league, your best players will virtually always leave.

Players need to be a lot more aggressive in wanting out in FM. It would stop players making super clubs within 10-15 seasons and add a lot of realism.

At the same time, big clubs need to really recruit heavily on talent and not sign players by CA/PA but more on their attributes.

Sorry if you said it, but what team are you?

I didn't...

I'm Rosenborg, so I'd say I'm doing a pretty good job out there, especially in European Cups.

See, I'm aware of the fact even consistently good European Cup campaigns can't keep a player at a second-rate club, because of the lower standard of the league [leagues are 30+ games, Champions League is 10-15 games at best, so the crap/good football ratio is still a bit low].

Especially when it's good-top clubs knocking at the door...

In fact I can't begrudge my top players for wanting out when it's, say, Fiorentina or Tottenham showing interest in signing them.

I know my £1M p/y wage and my Champions League Quarter Finals can't be compared with more or less the same stuff, plus a better league...

However I start to get ****ed off when my homegrown 19 yo striker (who has 10 apps as substitute so far] is raising hell because I refused Charleroi and Red Star Belgrade's offers for him...

Or when my long-time backup striker suddenly asks for a seven figures wage and a key-player role in the team, or he won't sign a new contract because Hannover, Mallorca and RC Lens are interested in Bosmanizing him.

In other words: what's the point of leaving a moderately successful clubs to join a midtable act who wouldn't even qualify for the old Intertoto Cup?

Yeh, if a player wants to leave one crappy league or club for another crappy league or club and whines about it and the initial crappy club is actually in European cups, I think it might be a bug/reputation issue that SI needs to sort out.

While its way too easy to hold on to star players, too many players get upset way too easily and unrealistically but they tend to have an almost bipola reaction to incidents, changing their mind only weeks later.

Only SI can fix these problems and sometimes I wonder why a lot of this stuff rarely gets addressed.

Archived