the easiest league to win

I think it's less a matter of which league, but rather which team in that league you play as. In most leagues, there are a few dominant clubs with the player and financial resources well beyond their league opponents. For example, in Scotland, pick Rangers or Celtic. In Spain, pick Barcelona or Real Madrid. Pick them if you want an "easier" game.

I think to an extent the Championship. There are a number of sides that have the potential to win it (Newcastle, West Brom, Nott Forest, Bristol City, Ipswich, QPR, Cardiff, Sheff Utd, Middlesboro) plus a few others I've probably forgot.

I wouldn't class it "easy", but the foundations are there for all these to win the league in terms of squad ability and finance

In FM10 it's been Scotland for me personally. Not even playing with Rangers or Celtic, but with Hearts. Won it easily the first season, and that was the hardest season out of the five I've played. The next four seasons were just going through motions. Even if you were to loose to the old firm clubs, you can still win the league comfortably.

I think to an extent the Championship. There are a number of sides that have the potential to win it (Newcastle, West Brom, Nott Forest, Bristol City, Ipswich, QPR, Cardiff, Sheff Utd, Middlesboro) plus a few others I've probably forgot.

I wouldn't class it "easy", but the foundations are there for all these to win the league in terms of squad ability and finance

I cannot fathom how you think this is a good answer to the original poster's question? :confused:

Personally I think it's MLS. Once you get a handle on its nuances the human player is far more effective at building a team given the league's restrictions than the AI.

When I buy a new version of FM I start there, one because I'm American, and two because it gives me an opportunity to get my feet wet with any changes to the match engine/interface. Toughest games will come against Mexican clubs, everyone else in the MLS is easily outclassed by the second season in my experience.

Winning in Norway with Rosenborg is quite easy...

Sign a couple of decent Free Agents, reach the Group Stage in Europa League and you'll have enough manpower and money to kick the domestic opposition's ass week in and week out from season 2 onwards.

Then yeah, Scotland is basically a 2-clubs league

Basically, any smallish European league becomes very easy to dominate domestically, for the pure fact that the revenue you earn for being in CL/UEFA far exceeds most other clubs in your league, hence the Old firm/Rosenborg/Anderlecht/Olympiakos/Porto's of this world. That's my view on it anyway

Where is the fun in playing the easiest league?

I've considered doing small EU leagues with historically good teams in order to boost my managers reputation from regional or lower and get looked at for high profile jobs. It would also be interesting to win europe with a serbian or swedish team.

Where is the fun in playing the easiest league?

The fun isn't winning the league every year...

The fun is trying to build up a team which is good enough to hold its own in European Cups, all of that without getting truckload of TV money and without "exploiting" the league reputation...

Players will want to leave your team to join Wigan, Mallorca or Roda JC, and if you don't sell them they'll leave on Bosmans anyway, so it's a lose-lose situation.

That's the challenge of an easier league...

The fun isn't winning the league every year...

The fun is trying to build up a team which is good enough to hold its own in European Cups, all of that without getting truckload of TV money and without "exploiting" the league reputation...

Players will want to leave your team to join Wigan, Mallorca or Roda JC, and if you don't sell them they'll leave on Bosmans anyway, so it's a lose-lose situation.

That's the challenge of an easier league...

The OP didn't mention any of this, hence my question.

Red Bull Salzburg (and once removed SK Rapid Wien) is the strongest team in Austria.

Olympique Lyon is always a French Ligue 1 contender, because ever since the 1998-99 season they've been among the top 3 finishers and have won 7 of the last 12 titles since said season.

FC Bayern Munich is very similar in the German Bundesliga.

FC Porto, Sporting Lissabon or Benfica Lissabon. It's rare that another team will finish among the top 3 in the Portuguese Liga Sagres.

Celtic Glasgow, Glasgow Rangers. It's much the same here, they're usually competing for the championship.

Galatasaray Istanbul is your best bet for the Turkish SüperLig.

I'd actually agree with you there. The Championship is a pretty easy league to win, or at the very least, to get promoted from. Pick one of the clubs you've recommended and it's no real challenge. Pick most of the other clubs in the league and it's a decent challenge, but not an unachievable one. Hell, in my current career game, I took over Crystal Palace about 12 games into the third season - they were out of the relegation places only by goal difference. With only a couple of free transfers, I finished second, and was only 3 points off the leader.

I guess in theory all the leagues are easy because everybody knows who the best players to buy are whether it be on the cheap or freebies

Heck I used all the third party sources in the book and Carlos Tevez still racked up hat trick after hat trick against me as I went 1-8-2 against Man City (all competitions) over 3.5 years.

Announcer said "Carlos Tevez" during an Argentina match in the World Cup and I had to change my shorts.

/stands by MLS as easiest league

//it's like an A-League for players-better-than-AI-in-salary-cap-league sense, but with more reputation so you can buy more well known aging stars

Sign a couple of decent Free Agents, reach the Group Stage in Europa League and you'll have enough manpower and money to kick the domestic opposition's ass week in and week out from season 2 onwards.

This...

Last time I played in Hong Kong (I will admit that was fm 2008), Happy Valley AA could walk the league without a second thought.

Yeah, Rosenborg always dominate Norway on my games, even more so than in real life.

That's because strikers own Fm2010. Come on seriously is Aguero really that good or Teves or Lukaku? when was the last time someone scored 50 goals in 20 games, only in FM

Are you patched up to 10.3? Cause while strikers still score a few too many goals, it's a lot better than it was before the patches.

League goals in my current game:

EPL:

Tevez: 30 goals from 38 (a few too many)

Doyle: 23 from 37 (a bit much but vaguely plausible)

Van Persie: 21 from 30 (a bit much)

Then Bent, Agbonlahor & Adebayor on 20.

La Liga:

Forlan 29 from 37

Aguero 27 from 37

Ibrahimovic 20 from 29

Serie A:

Amauri 23 from 32

Vucinic 23 from 34

Quagliarella 23 from 38

It's got a lot better than it was pre-patches!

Can I vote for the Australian A-League?

I stumbled on it having struggled with Norwich once we got to the Premiership and leaving before being pushed :) I sat on hols for ages applying for all jobs, turned down a few unappealing ones until Central Coast Mariners offered a place.

So I packed up the wife and kids and jetted off. The A-League has a few obstructions to getting players in terms of limits on foreigners and wages but getting a few guys on loand from South America or Europe can get you a good team.

There was just enough room for movement in a small league that I won the pre-season (there's not many teams so pre-season is basically a full league!), the main season and did well in the Pacific cups.

Having got a decent manager reputation I was able to get a shot at managing Gimnastic and then Valencia and even got the Ghana International job. Not the upper echelons but a nice place to build a career, if that's what you're looking for....

Toad.

Archived