What you do with a player after a poor performance

Hi everyone.

So, I just lost to Arsenal, and 3 players played really badly in that game. One was sent off, so in the next match, I will be playing my youngster right back, who's a really good prospect.

Now, my other 2 players are fit and ready to play, but I have in mind of dropping them and blooding my youngsters in that position. What would you do if you were in my shoes? Drop them to teach them a lesson, or put faith in them and continue playing them? Mind, they are first teamers, but not key players.

And another thing, let's say my 2nd right back does well, should i continue playing him and drop my 1st one? Both are young, the 1st is a spanish international, the latter is a northern irish international, but stats-wise, the 1st is better. Would it be fair on my 2nd right back if I drop him after the 1st one's suspension is served?

Would love to hear your opinions. :p

I just issue a warning after a sending off, or eventually a 1 week wage fine if the sending off was particularly stupid or during an important match.

About dropping players for a while, why not... But I think unless you release a public statement about their poor form, or tell them you intend to rest them for a game or two, they won't really take notice... So they don't learn much ;)

At least that's what I've seen... From july to october I have one match every four days [European Cup+Domestic League+Cup] so I'm forced to do a lot of rotation, and at times my Star Players don't play for one or two weeks in a row, but they never say a word...

So if you want to teach them a lesson you'll have to run your mouth about it with them and with the press :)

Well, for your second question, I don't know if you should keep playing a hot youngster, but I know that that's what I do. I'm currently playing as Arsenal and Bendtner has kicked some ass for me in friendlies so I've been starting him and using Eduardo as a sub to come in for the last 30-35 minutes when the opposition tires as a mid or striker.

Take him outside.

Tell him how thoroughly disappointed I am in him.

Beat him with stick.

Ask him to stop crying.

Tell him to stop crying.

Beat him some more with stick.

Warn against any future rubbishness.

Suggest that he doesn't contact the players' union about my actions.

Apologise.

How do you mean you've never seen those options? Check under player interactions...

Archived