taking a defeat on the chin..?

there are certain formations my team or tactic just dont seem to live with, i have read the odd post about narrow formation's using 3 up front or in midfield central area's and these are most dangerous to me..

My narrow mind set may be to blame but i seem reluctant to divert away from my flat 4-4-2 formation.. the way i play the game and tactics i use, it relies on having a better bunch of players as apposed to finding flaws in the ME..

Losing is never fun and i curse these narrow formation which inflict susch anger apoun me..

Is there any such evidence in the game that anoys you..? how do you take defeats on the chin..? when do think to your self, you are beeing tactically lazy and need to change away from your usual style.?

tbh, I have always found a 4, 4, 2, to be lazy.

Sure it may be better defensively, but given that 2 wide midfielders will always slot back into the R/L defensive slots in the eyes of the ME, then 3, 4, 3 is even better defensively, as it is in effect 5, 2, 3 when the opposition has the ball.

I find teams find it hard to cope with a 3 CB, 2 CM, 2 AM, 3 CF formation as many sides employ man to man marking, so as a result they won't get men forward as much. Have also found in my set up that I have less possession, but possession has never meant goals in any country in any year at any level.

It's what you do with the ball when you have it that counts the most.

the only time i think 4-4-2 is useful is when your at a lower level with weaker players. at the higher level i think its to easily exploited. truth is you need a few different options to use depending on the circumstances. i like using 5-2-3 counter against better teams or those i think will attack me

I started out using a flat 4-4-2, but now i switch between 4-4-2 with advanced wingers at club level, or 4-2-3-1 deep for international. the only defeats i'll accept are from Chelsea and Liverpool in the premiership. every other one, something has gone wrong within the team somehow

Archived