What Leagues Do You Choose? What Are The Strongest 7?

A bit of an obvious answer to this question really but just wondering what everyone considers to be the 7 strongest Leagues on the game?

Mine would be:

England

Spain

Italy

Germany

France

Holland

Portugal

Whenever i start a new game i usually add - Argentina, Brazil and Scotland aswell. Argentina and Brazil because they produce some real talent and Scotland just incase i ever decide to manage Celtic or Rangers. I also have a large database on.

Would anyone agree with having these 10 nations as the leagues on your games?

I usually have England all the way down to the Blue Square North/South and all the other leagues with just the top division on. What do you all have as your in game leagues?

Russia's pretty strong, I think.

Anyway: England, Spain, Italy, Russia, Germany, France, Holland, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Portugal, Bulgaria, Romania, Greece, Turkey, Poland, Scotland, Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, Uruguay, Mexico and USA. (And maybe Norway, Czech Rep & S Africa.)

Why? Because I can.

Russia can be a strong choice, however after several years, the top teams always seem to stockpile tons of foreigners despite league rules that won't allow most of them to play. They waste millions of Euros. It ruins the experience, ruins the top clubs in a long-term save.

What does the view only mode get you?

Does that mean its not playable but those leagues still produce players to scout OR is that only tied to database size?

It means the leagues and cups in that country are loaded but no players are so you cannot manage there.

For long term games I have England, Italy and Spain as playable. For my current set up I have New Zealand, Australia, Japan, Egypt, South Africa, England, Spain, Mexico, USA, Argentina and Brazil, trying to win every continental competition on the game.

My last game I loaded... (deep breath) Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, China, Croatia, Denmark, Egypt, England, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, N. Ireland, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Scotland, Serbia, S. Africa, S. Korea, Spain, Tunisia, Turkey, USA, Uzbekistan. Wanted to load some more leagues but I felt 90 leagues was enough for me. Every save I seem to regret loading a league so I load as many leagues as possible. :p

I only have England loaded. But, I change the database size to custom and add "Players based in" from the UK and Ireland, Central Europe, North America, South America, Scandinavia, Japan, and Australia. Someone told me that loading up the leagues themselves slows up the game more than if you just add the players.

Only the good, popular players. You won't be able to transfer every player from Brazilian teams.

That's why I only have England loaded (down to Blue Square Premier), and change my database size to custom. Then, I add "Players from top division leagues" from the UK and Ireland, Central Europe, Scandinavia, Russia, Australia, Japan, South America, and North America. By doing this, I can transfer every player from those places.

Ohhhhh SWEEEEET.....thank you!

Does that affect game speed at all? I cannot see how it could since you are only making players available.

It would, the bigger the database of players, the slower the game is :thup:

It would, the bigger the database of players, the slower the game is :thup:

Yes. However, it is faster than adding the leagues along with the players.

By doing this, by only making players from different regions available, I'm getting the same game speed as I would if I made four/five countries playable.

Archived