Cultured Midfielder

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MattyHart:

I'm guessing it just means he has experiences lots of different cultures from around the world so shouldn't have too much trouvle settling in anywhere.

Hope that helps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Err, no. Fairly sure it just relates to his style of play. Someone with a good range of passing, composed on the ball, almost certainly not a hard man. Think Zidane.

Does that fit with the player with that description?

I think this is an odd expression in football. I've heard it used to refer to a players foot! eg. Christian Vieri has a cultured left foot... What!? Does it go to the opera? Actually in his case it probably does, still... doesn't stop him twanging penos clean over the bar. LOL.

I've always related it to intelligence. The expression "a good footballing brain" is one that springs to mind...

I think this sums it up nicely.

To quote dis523: "I see cultured players as ones who are very naturalistic, smooth. Andrea Pirlo is the ultimate definition of a cultured midfielder imo. So comfortable on the ball, at times he looks like it's just a training drill. It was like he was born in football boots. They are like the Fine Wines of the football world."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by maverick2k7:

For me a cultured played...be it striker or midfeilder....is one who has been brought up in the same club for many years i guess...cuz like rooney at United... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

anyone else see the flaw in that final statement?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gcormack:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by maverick2k7:

For me a cultured played...be it striker or midfeilder....is one who has been brought up in the same club for many years i guess...cuz like rooney at United... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

anyone else see the flaw in that final statement? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can see the flaw in the entire statement. LOL.

Actually all it really means is that he is a midfield playmaker with flair less than 15 (so 14 or below). Long shots, technique, passing, creativity, flair, and dribbling all need to be 15 o above for a player to have the description "midfield playmaker." If you just bothered to search the site you would find the thread that discusses this. Though I don;t think it's set in stone my through my own observations I've noticed it is a fairly accurate statement. duh icon_redface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doruk:

If you just bothered to search the site you would find the thread that discusses this. duh icon_redface.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Doruk

Yellow Card - final warning </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm. I wonder if the two things are linked.

dictionary.com will tell us the answer!

cultured:

1. enlightened; refined.

2. artificially nurtured or grown: cultured bacteria.

3. cultivated; tilled.

I'd say its the first one. You would probably be able to replace cultured with "well practiced", or "experienced to the point of his work being an art form".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Cultured means he's a well refined and polished player in his position. Basically a very good player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd agree with this. I think a Paul Scholes type of player would fit this discription perfectly.

I'm pretty sure the game describes Wayne Rooney as a cultured striker. Therefore, there's no way it's to do with being a well-travelled player with experience as he's both young and he's only played for two teams who are separated by nothing greater than the length of the M62's western stretch!

Archived