Complete forward

I have a wonderkid (Williamson) who is now 23 in the last 5 seasons he has been my top scorer playing an advanced forward role.

Through his progession his stats seem to show he will be now better as a complete forward.

Though I am concerned about changing it to this in case he stops scoring.

I have also bought another 21 year old wonderkid for 36mil and am trying to get them to play together, his stats also show he would be best as a complete forward. I have tried him as a deep lying forward but he keeps getting low ratings. My previous strike partner for my star man (Williamson) was a deep lying forward and this worked with Williamson as an attacking forward

Question 1, would you change the role of my original striker.

Question 2, In your experience can 2 complete forwards play togther, I though maybe one could be in a supporting role and the other attacking.

You'd think two could play together, although I honestly have found rather poor results with "complete forward". I had a player that seemed perfect for it (apart from somewhat low long shots) and hence swapped him to it, but then he didnt really score with it, swapping him back to advanced forward and now he's scored 7 goals in two games.

This is by no means a trend, as it's only a few games though, so perhaps just try it out and see how it goes.

1 - if nothings broken, dont fix it. I'd wait till the end of the season and try it in games that dont matter, or start trying him there in preseason.

2 - I've had Rooney/Welbeck and Berbatov/Macheda playing very well together both as complete forwards, the first pair on rotation on attack, the latter pair on rotation on support, and all 4 getting good ratings, with them all getting goals, although Berbatov not as much due to a PPM.

Archived