Ever have player form runs like this?

Not sure if this is worth a topic, or even in the right place! but heck, my first topic, anyway.

Okay, I'm playing st Mirren, and it's the start of a new season, my star striker who is listed as a world-class striker has not scored yet in league or cup games, I'm starting to get quite frustrated, although admitedly, he's only played against 5 teams in those and he's doing alright in europe, still, he's my star, it's a bit frustrating that after 7 odd league games my top scorer is my defender with 4 goals, I start to feel like my strikers just cannot score and I'm barely holding my own near the top of the table. He's 20 heading, finishing, and good in all the "needed" areas yet not scoring, almost doing an emile heskey and only doing assists.

Then.. bam, suddenly 5 goals against my title challenge rivals (and strangely, the team I beat to win the champions league last season) Celtic.

returntoform.jpg

ten hours of no goals and then he pops five in.. nice timing too as my supposidly world-class goalkeeper is being ******** and letting in every single ball that gets thrown at him for reasons I cant even begin to comprehend given his stats.

If there's interest could post stats of either.

I don't why your happy.......you conceded 4 ;)

I'm happy for you because usually it happens the other way around with the opposition striker on a drought and end up having a stormer against you or scores with his first shot with a volley from like 30 yards out....with his weaker foot.

Welll, you'll note I'm hating on my goalkeeper right now, and really thinking maybe I didnt find the star I thought I had, but for one player to come through like that is special. And Yeah, gotta hate when that happens against you.

Archived